Bimmerfest prep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bimmerfest prep.

To start off I apologize if this is in the wrong forum section, if it is let me know and I'll move it. Anyways, I'm just curious what I can do to prep my car for Bimmerfest this year. It's a couple hundred miles away from my location and I just want to be sure my car can make it there and back alright. what all is it gonna take, like spark plugs, oil change, filters replaced? My main concern is overheating in the LA traffic, any thing I can do to prep for that? Any help will be much appreciated!! Thanks everyone!

Obviously if oil change is due, you might as well do so before the drive, but unless you have substantially modified drivetrain, or a seriously knackered engine, the biggest danger to reliability is going to be between the driver's seat and the steering wheel. Make sure you're good on coolant and have proper tyre pressures, and you might want to have a can of oil and coolant with you just in case.

Then again, I'm from a significantly colder climate, but I doubt a sorted car would have any trouble with 5-600 miles in a weekend.

'93 Daytonaviolett Touring Design Edition

Comment

Working...
    X