Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat-Back or Header Back Group Buy

Good afternoon all!

Long time member, low time poster. I definitely have many more PM's than I have posts trying to buy stuff as that what I'm usually on here for. But down to business...

I'm looking at making an exhaust, probably header back for my 318is. We have the ability to jig these up and recreate but wanted to gauge interest first. We would need to have at least 5 people confirmed and paid, 10 would make it a bit cheaper. These will be made fully 304 stainless, tig welded, mandrel bent, with either Magnaflow or Vibrant mufflers. Cats can be added for those that want them. The ideal goal would be to allow people to option it out to with or without cats, with or without an extra resonator, and maybe even option out the muffler brand.

Price we're still discussing but that will be resolved by the end of the week. Interest in the project will definitely help dictate this. Goal is definitely to economical as possible and make it easy enough to price up or down depending on options. I wont directly advertise the shop here as we are not a sponsor, this is simply a personal project that I am looking to expand to the rest of the neglected E30 M42 community.

So throw up any ideas, concerns, or requests you may have and we can hopefully get these out in the next month or two.

Thanks
    Mitch
    91 318is - Current
    06 GSXR 750 - Current
    98 540i 6-Speed - Sold
    08 135i - Sold
    07 YZF-R1 - Sold
    07 GSXR 750 - Sold
    06 GSXR 600 - Sold
    97 M3 - Sold
    04 STi - Sold
    04 STi - Sold
    91 318is M50 Swapped - Sold
    97 Trans Am - Sold

I would definitely be interested in a design w/o cat. A lot would depend on price point. But I an definiely interested.

Comment

Sub'd
      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Sub'd

Comment

I'd be interested too - dependent on price point.
          The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

hard to make a good sounding exhaust for the m42. a resonator is definitely a must. the factory cat/resonator is very heavy so the weight savings of a racing type system are great.

my m42 I have a custom 2.25" head back single with a vibrant ultra quiet resonator in the factory resonator location and a thrush turbo muffler. sounds great and broke in to a real nice growl. ZERO droning on the highway even with my car being fully gutted.

If youre planning on producing some of these to sell I advise trying a few different configurations to really tune in on the sound. I have had 4 custom exhausts on my BMWs over the years so I had a fair idea of what mine would sound like, but I admit I did get lucky with how sweet this thing sings :) only problem is that the resonator, despite being tucked up as high as possible, still hangs sorta low.

Ill tell you right now a straight pipe all the way back to a single magnaflow oval style muffler is going to sound like total shit. I invite you to try on your own but my advice is its not even worth your time .... unless you want to sound like a ebay special integra

Comment

Sub'd

Comment

Subbed. Definitely glad to see a group buy sepecifically regarding the m42 community
                sigpic
                91' 318is Brilliantrot
                Yes, it still has an m42

Comment

Sub'd would like to see how this turns out

My Daily Driven 318is

Comment

Working...
                  X