Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedReplicant View Post
    What is the best way to go about clearancing the thing then?
    Outside of rolling the egde, you're pretty limited on the late cars without real bodywork effort. What are your rear spring rates? I'd start there instead of bending metal.

Comment

Hi again,

I found some BBS wheels

16x8.5 et13

I was thinking of just redrilling, then using a spacer. What do you think is needed to properly have them fit (if possible) and best tire size.
      My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
      1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
      IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
      1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Hi, I was wondering if this setup would work with my current set up.
        Suspension is bilstein touring with h&r sport all around, slightly rolled fenders in the rear.
        The wheels and tires would be Tr Motorsports C1's(offset is 20mm/Backspace 5.28") 15x8 with either 205/50/15 or 225/50/15 Dunlop direzza dz102's or bfg rivals 225. Thanks!
        well hello there

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Outside of rolling the egde, you're pretty limited on the late cars without real bodywork effort. What are your rear spring rates? I'd start there instead of bending metal.
          650lb. It was suggested to me to cut out the bump and weld/fg the hole shut...?
          91 318is - Gone
          16 VW GTI
          07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Hey mate

Just wondering what fitment on these would be like
            16x9 ET 10 all round, should fit fine? And what rubber could i run on them? Don't want too much stretch as there are legal limits where i live, but some stretch (EG Manufacturer's specs allowed fitment for tyre) Is fine.

I'd also like to know if 16x9 ET 20 would work?
            Last edited by Terroth; 09-01-2014, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
              Hi again,

I found some BBS wheels

16x8.5 et13

I was thinking of just redrilling, then using a spacer. What do you think is needed to properly have them fit (if possible) and best tire size.
              Redrilling would be the only way to get those on outside of E30 M3 hubs. No spacers, 205/45 tires, rolled rears. Flush fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by racerx414 View Post
                Hi, I was wondering if this setup would work with my current set up.
                Suspension is bilstein touring with h&r sport all around, slightly rolled fenders in the rear.
                The wheels and tires would be Tr Motorsports C1's(offset is 20mm/Backspace 5.28") 15x8 with either 205/50/15 or 225/50/15 Dunlop direzza dz102's or bfg rivals 225. Thanks!
                87- car, 225/50s will fit. 88+, 225/45 will be your functional limit.

Comment

Originally posted by RedReplicant View Post
                  650lb. It was suggested to me to cut out the bump and weld/fg the hole shut...?
                  Darn. Haven't heard of that technique, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Terroth View Post
                    Hey mate

Just wondering what fitment on these would be like
                    16x9 ET 10 all round, should fit fine? And what rubber could i run on them? Don't want too much stretch as there are legal limits where i live, but some stretch (EG Manufacturer's specs allowed fitment for tyre) Is fine.

I'd also like to know if 16x9 ET 20 would work?
                    205/45 or 215/40, but neither are within manufacturer ranges. +20 works on the rear only.

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
                      Originally Posted by aworthybrother

Hi,

Can i run 20mm adapter spacer with no rubbing? My fenders are not rolled.

(Ronal LS 16x7.5 5x120 et35)

Yes, but only with 205/45 tires.

Will 205/45 x 16 tires fill the fender gap on an early vert sitting on m3 springs? Thanks

Comment

17x7.5 et35 and 205/40. Will they fit?

Comment

Hey mystikal what tire setup would i need 16x8 et20 and 16x9 et15 rear on stage 3 and billy sports. What tire setup can i run without rolling my fenders?

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
                            Will 205/45 x 16 tires fill the fender gap on an early vert sitting on m3 springs? Thanks
                            No, there will be a small gap.

Comment

Originally posted by 13bpower View Post
                              17x7.5 et35 and 205/40. Will they fit?
                              Possibly, but they would clear the front struts by mm. Would look and work better with 15-20mm spacers all around.

Comment

Originally posted by pbmig View Post
                                Hey mystikal what tire setup would i need 16x8 et20 and 16x9 et15 rear on stage 3 and billy sports. What tire setup can i run without rolling my fenders?
                                195/45 f 215/40 r
                                205/45 f 215/40 r
                                205/45 all around

Comment

Working...
                                X