PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    Haha its only a single plate, the Rear. Cause PO though front plates were dumb too.
    bummer, I think front plates are dumb as well, but I would need both to transfer it over...

I guess I will stick to the custom plate I wanted anyways
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      bummer, I think front plates are dumb as well, but I would need both to transfer it over...

I guess I will stick to the custom plate I wanted anyways
      Yea it came with this aftermarket plate filler and I have not removed it. Police thankfully are semi reasonable and have not pulled me over for it. Knock on wood.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

That's what I'm doin too. Too much hassle with police when running old plates. They have no way to tell if the car is stolen. Only way is to pull ou over and check your registration.

Jon

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
          That's what I'm doin too. Too much hassle with police when running old plates. They have no way to tell if the car is stolen. Only way is to pull ou over and check your registration.

Jon
          Same thing with no front plate... It looks "better" but after you get pulled over 10+ times you stop caring

Comment

Anybody going camping this weekend? The lady and I are thinking about trying Multnomah Falls.
            Derek-

Comment

I've been wanting to do some fishing off the jetty in long beach.. Crabbing/perch/cod are year around, but crab is seasonal.. Currently getting into season right now.

Comment

so i'm still undecided about my future engine swap, and to complicate things, another option rears it's ugly head....

I learned that Ireland has a 3.0 and 3.1 kit for the M20.....and I have a bare b27 block sitting in storage......and I know where I can get a complete M20B25 with everything for the eta to i swap......fuck.

What are your thoughts on the IE 3.1 kits? Pass or smash and why?
                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Lots of money and work for 180hp
                  willschnitz

Comment

May as well go with an m30 if you want a high liter m20, all IE upgrades aside.. lol

hopefully my car sells tonight so i can put a down payment on my new swap. im getting anxious.

Comment

Yeah 180 gets you to a bone stock m30b32. Oh yeah, without the torque. I love torque.

Tonight I finished replacing my rear subframe bushings. Replaced with yellow power flex poly. Very happy, since it took about 5 hours, and my car handles better in the corners. Got my control arm bushings back from the machine shop( 750i meyle HD), which I still need to press. Happy my car is finally coming together.

Jon

sigpic

Comment

And my vehicle is sold, and down payment on new swap done. :p
                        This means later next year M30b35 with ARP headstuds+Single mass flywheel and m5 clutch/pressure plate,g265 will be up for sale.

Comment

Family Bought a bahamabeige 4 door in Vancouver yesterday, I almost want to make that trip again with my car. Pulled 420 miles out of a tank, all while down shifting around and doing pulls to 120kph haha. Got to watch pro3 race too. And a bunch of LSX swapped cars getting a run for their money by some crazy miata.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Anyone here bought rebuilt calipers locally? O'reily's has a decent price but I'm not sure of the quality.

Comment

Why not just grab them off blunt? only like $50 ea last i checked.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Cause you have to send the cores back to him

maybe i'll just DIY it instead

Comment

Working...
                                X