Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E21 Bosch Mech. Injection.....need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E21 Bosch Mech. Injection.....need help.

Been working on getting a very nice 323i back into shape after sitting for about 7yrs. We've already done the t-belt/WP, pulled the tanks and had them cleaned. We also had to swap out the FP, and the feed line.

We pulled the feed line and we're getting fuel to the fuel distributor, but weren't able to get any further than that at the time. We(he actually) tried starting fluid and it does kick over and run, so we know it has good spark.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to any resources on this Bosch Fuel distributor,# 0 438 100 028, thanks. I'd really appreciate it.
    -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

what exactly are you looking for ? how it works ? how to diagnose?

here's a good bosch video
    Angus
    88 E30M3 X2
    89 325IX
    92 R100GS/PD
    :)

Comment

Spd,

Wanna know how it works, how to break it down/service/diagnose....have to get this thing running.

Sent from my HTC via Tapatalk
      -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

did you watch the posted video ,it gives a good basic description of how CIS works , you need a special fuel pressure gauge setup to check system pressure and control pressure but you should be able to pull an injector out and raise the airflow plate to see if it sprays fuel . they are very critical for air leaks as any leak will not allow airflow plate to rise enough and therefore not enough fuel is injected so be sure all hose between airflow meter and throttle are good . like wise you need good engine vacuum ,so i tired engine will be a hard starter.

what have you tested so far?
        Angus
        88 E30M3 X2
        89 325IX
        92 R100GS/PD

Comment

I'll check the video out this weekend, i'm looking for a core fuel distributor but it's like looking for a needle in a stack of needles over here.

We haven't tested anything yet...the car sar for 7yrs, the fuel in the tank was nasty and had coked up the FP so we can only assume the fuel distributor suffered the like. I told him the only way l would proceed would be to break down the distributor, replace the plate & all rubber/copper rings, blow out the individual lines & injectors to each cyl.

I work alternating-shift, so l only have time every other week in the AM before work. We'll get started on it Monday morning, check back for pics next week.

Comment

not many CIS cars around anymore....

your really not supposed to take the fuel distributor apart ,it is put together in a clean room and not serviceable according to Bosch. i would just try running fuel thru it by running fuel pump and removing the injectors and moving the air plate up and down ,it should spray fuel out the injectors ,clean fuel should act as a solvent and get thing freed up and working again i think.
            Angus
            88 E30M3 X2
            89 325IX
            92 R100GS/PD

Comment

Will do, he doesn't wanna break it down anyway unless we have to. I've seen a series of youtube vids where it's been broken down & rebuilt. As well l found (2) Bosch rebuild kits on ebay, a big and small, which has the center plate/diaphragm, and all/some(depending on the kit size) rubber/copper o-rings.

We'll def try flushing it first, thanks a bunch spdracrm3.

Comment

mike, take your questions over here, we'll get you sorted out.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1975-1983-(E21)

Comment

Working...
                X