Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No CEL, No fuel, No spark, No ICV Hum for my M50.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No CEL, No fuel, No spark, No ICV Hum for my M50.

^^^^What can it be!?

My car cranks perfectly fine but won't fire. All relays are good, but I'm not getting fuel or spark. I was getting fuel perfectly fine then took off my intake to check if everything was connected properly and now no fuel at all. Changed the crank sensor and nothing no change. It's been about 2 months and I still can't figure it out! I just wanna drive again, someone have any ideas? I've read through a lot of posts and nothing I've read seems to fix my problem, also I have power to my accessories at all times with key in and out.

Got fuel back turns out I had the wrong main relay in my e36 harness. Still no CEL, spark or ICV hum. Anyone have any ideas? Tried grounding my motor with jumper cables to the body and that didn't help with my power alway issue. Does anyone have any input?

Comment

Make sure all three relays are healthy. Think it has something to do with the ecu. Check harness grounds and I think the ecu needs to be bolted in for it to have a good ground.
      Last edited by THEhomelessONE; 08-28-2014, 09:25 PM.

RIP 02/25/15
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...16#post4356816

Comment

Delete
        Last edited by THEhomelessONE; 08-28-2014, 12:58 PM.

RIP 02/25/15
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...16#post4356816

Comment

The ecu has to be bolted down to be grounded!!!??? Because mine is just sitting in the glove box!

Comment

Mine ran fine with the ECU sitting in the glove box. The ECU is grounded via the harness.

Comment

Open your ecu up. I had this exact issue. Turned out that my ecu didnt have a chip inside (previous owner of the ecu obviously sold the chip for more money. And I paid for a junk ecu :/ ).
              You should not need to hold the ecu to a ground. I did that same thing. That when I realized that it was an ecu problem. The chip inside has a ground built in.
              PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

Ground your DME. Stick it on the shock tower and see what happens.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

i swapped ecu's with a friend and still no change. i get fuel but no spark

Comment

is there a ground for the body harness its self? i have constant power to my accesories without the key being in.

Comment

All accessories staying on without key turned would be the wire running next to the diagnostic plug hooked to power, ground it.
                      I am having a similar issue with my swap, getting spark but no fuel out of the injectors and fuel pump has to be jumped.

Comment

Originally posted by Slamit34 View Post
                        is there a ground for the body harness its self? i have constant power to my accesories without the key being in.
                        There's your issue. You have your hot lead grounded and your ground wired to constant power.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                        X