S38 Radiator/Lightened Flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S38 Radiator/Lightened Flywheel

Is anybody running an s38 radiator with their M30 swap? What are your opinions on using the s38 radiator as opposed to the e28 535i radiator?

And I'm considering having my flywheel lightened, but I don't want to lose a nice and steady idle. Anybody losing a steady idle from lightening their flywheel? Anybody lightened just enough so that you don't lose you're idle?

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
    Is anybody running an s38 radiator with their M30 swap? What are your opinions on using the s38 radiator as opposed to the e28 535i radiator?

And I'm considering having my flywheel lightened, but I don't want to lose a nice and steady idle. Anybody losing a steady idle from lightening their flywheel? Anybody lightened just enough so that you don't lose you're idle?

S38 radiator won't fit because it's too wide for E30 frame, E28 535 rad. is the widest you can use without modifications.

Lightening flywheel will affect your idle / engine braking, but 20-30% off the weight won't do any big difference..
    - E34 M5 (x 2) -
    - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
    - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
    - E46 318i Touring -
    - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Really you need a custom radiator s38 radiator that will fit the E30.. will cost roughly 600 bills though!
      "Driving anything else would be uncivilised"

Comment

Working...
      X