Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S62 throttle sync tool?

Hey y'all!

Bought an S62 and I've begun tearing the engine down and reading through some technical litterature. The service manual describes a procedure and tool kit for syncing the throttle bodies after reassembly. Basically the kit consists of two dial indicators, a mount, and two shims used for adjustments.

Shown here: http://workshop-manuals.com/bmw/5_se...62)/page_1362/

I have dial indicators and I'm sure I can rig up a mount that will work good enough to mimic the BMW mount. The problem is that I don't know the dimensions of the shims. Is there anyone out there with access to one of these kits who can snap a few pics with some measurements for me? I'd also be down to rent it from someone, I know how expensive this set is and wouldn't blame anyone for trying to recoup some of their hard earned cash.

I miss the old BMW

Hey Nick, happy to see you around again buddy.

I think Daniel (aka Dirty30 or something) may be able to help you.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

What's up Edwin!

You ever find a home for that M20? Trying to get back in the game since I've finally got the house projects under control. I'll see if I can track Daniel down and PM him.

Many thanks Dude!

I miss the old BMW

Comment

My pleasure bro., yeah tranny and m20 live in 2 separate cars that have been at it, for about 2 years at least.

Any word on your m30 swap?

Comment

Word, nice!

Finished the M30 swap. Had my fun with it but never got it BAR'd so the e30's been non-opped for a while. M30 setup will hit the classifieds soon, once I get this beast S62 buttoned up.

Haven't found Daniel yet, I'm not that good at R3Ving :/

I miss the old BMW

Comment

Gonna bump it for you in the members rides.

Comment

Working...
            X