Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How in the world have I lost my ground block

These spades are just ground right?

Ground strap for the starter? (In addition to a ground from motor mount to frame?)

Main 12v source? Somehow I have misplace what mounts this assembly to the firewall...is that gonna be a problem?

Then this mounts on top next to the alternate battery tray on the firewall?

'89 335is +turbo

Haven't been following the build. b35? what harness? what car?

First picture: Both ground wires.
    Second: goes to the large pin on the starter
    Third: terrible picture. I can't tell what you're holding up
    Fourth: Was this mounted on the driver's side when you pulled the m30 out of the donor? If so, you don't need it.

Comment

Thanks Yert.

B35, harness is the 20 pin from a 535 auto (original harness was the 25pin from a 535i manual later e34).

Picture #3 is supposed to be the thick cable that runs from the drivers side firewall and is clamped by another connector - it's the most beefy connection in the whole engine bay so I assumed it was +12v.

I thought #4 was mounted on the E30 passenger's side as an alternate jumping point, but I could be very mistaken - the reason my build has taken so long is that I only get parts of weekends to work on it, so things get forgotten (lack of continuity).
      '89 335is +turbo

Comment

ah ok. pic#3 is the battery cable. This is the main source of power to the junction box (the positive charged cluster there).

Still don't need that piece in pic#4. The positive junction box serves as a jumping point

Comment

So, wait, does the battery cable have a plastic mount to the firewall? I guess that is what I would have lost?
          '89 335is +turbo

Comment

Working...
          X