Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
    Why not go with the steel one then?
    they offer a steel one too? price difference?
    Just a little project im working on
    - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

$200 less. it's in the first post.

Comment

I'm interested, but I have a few questions. Is the oil pan baffled? Oil starvation is a very serious issue with ls's, especially with front sumps. Also is the the necessary pickup and dipstick tube/stick included?

Comment

Its baffled. Its setup for 7 quarts and designed to prevent oil starvation. I'm planning to track it so I trust it. Everything is included for the pan. Pickups and dipsticks and all that.

Comment

Good, I would like to see some pictures of the headers, also whats the deal with the aluminum driveshaft adaptor? Sounds like an achilles heal to me.

Comment

What specific shots of the headers would you like? The adapter is there to allow the ds to be removed without the subframe needing to be taken out. Trust me. It can handle the abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                What specific shots of the headers would you like? The adapter is there to allow the ds to be removed without the subframe needing to be taken out. Trust me. It can handle the abuse.
                Any and all i want to see how tight the radiuses are, length of the primaries, collector size and design, thickness of the flanges, etc. $1,000 is alot of coin for a set of headers. I just want to make sure they are worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJP215 View Post
                  I'm interested, but I have a few questions. Is the oil pan baffled? Oil starvation is a very serious issue with ls's, especially with front sumps. Also is the the necessary pickup and dipstick tube/stick included?
                  I spy another person familiar with the LS1 and cornering problems. Asked the same question before, yoshi posted up a pic of similar pans with a baffle:)

Seems ok to me, should stop it climbing the walls of the pan, especially seeing as the pan is deep and wide across the front section too.
                  Just a little project im working on
                  - http://www.lse30.com -

Comment

Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
                    I spy another person familiar with the LS1 and cornering problems. Asked the same question before, yoshi posted up a pic of similar pans with a baffle:)

Seems ok to me, should stop it climbing the walls of the pan, especially seeing as the pan is deep and wide across the front section too.
                    Thats nice, but i would really like to see some baffling / trap doors around the pickup too. That front part is so big it could easily hold 2 full quarts in the left or right side in a hard turn starving the pickup in the center.

Like a stock pan or this.
                    We specialize in high-performance oiling system products such as baffled oil pans, thermostats, oil catch cans, oil cooler adapters, and oil coolers for GM LS engines, Ford engines, and others
                    Last edited by DJP215; 11-28-2013, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Sikky sells accusumps... any idea if they'd offer a kit bundled with a slightly discounted accusump Yoshi?

Granted, accusumps are kinda band-aids... but they're better than nothing.

Comment

Thats nice, but i would really like to see some baffling / trap doors around the pickup too. That front part is so big it could easily hold 2 full quarts in the left or right side in a hard turn starving the pickup in the center.

Like a stock pan or this.
                        http://www.improvedracing.com/baffle...ffle-p-40.html
                        A few of the sikky race guys run this pan without issue or accusump. I understand your concern. I would go dry sump or something instead then.

Edit: The sikky pan has baffling with trap doors.

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                        Sikky sells accusumps... any idea if they'd offer a kit bundled with a slightly discounted accusump Yoshi?

Granted, accusumps are kinda band-aids... but they're better than nothing.
                        Nah. They are pretty strict on this group buy just being this. This is the first time they've ever done a group buy of this nature.
                        Last edited by shiboujin; 12-02-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Good, I would like to see some pictures of the headers, also whats the deal with the aluminum driveshaft adaptor? Sounds like an achilles heal to me.

also the best I could do of the headers

Last edited by shiboujin; 12-02-2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Bump! Got a few interested but need more yeses. Anywhere else I can post this for more exposure?

Comment

Facebook? 1/200 dod page? Is Sikky a sponsor at bimmerforums?

Comment

I could be a yes, but im still on the edge because of the price. I'll most likely be in once im convinced of the performance / fit of the headers. As the headers and the pan are the real selling points of this kit to me.

I just saw your edit that the pan is baffled with trap doors. That makes me very happy. A dry sump is definitely not in my budget, but a nice baffled pan and a high flow oil pump should cover me. Those header pictures are a nice start. Its hard to tell the clearance for the steering shaft from that angle though. It would be nice to see from the collectors looking forward too. Also what size are the collectors? Are there bullets inside them? How long are the primary tubes?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X