Project Overly Ambitious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    It's such a PITA working down there, so little room!
    So, so true. Have fun pulling that pedal box in and out of there at least 3-5 times before you're done.
    My current E30 M62B44 swap

Comment

It helps if u weld the nuts to pedal box after u drill the holes thru the firewall, had to do pedal box install by myself so it helped tremendously
      ~original

Comment

Originally posted by jon2681 View Post
        It helps if u weld the nuts to pedal box after u drill the holes thru the firewall, had to do pedal box install by myself so it helped tremendously
        I need to buy a welder.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
        My current E30 M62B44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by jon2681 View Post
          That's a damn good idea.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

All this weekend and most of next week I will be on the East Coast meeting my newest nephew. Beforehand, I wanted to make sure that I got the rear subframe cleaned, strengthened, and painted.

The welds don't look super pretty but I got plenty of penetration, so they should hold up nicely. Chose blue because why the hell not?

I got the strengthening plates from Garagistic: http://store.garagistic.com/e30-rear...l-reinforcment

When we return I have to reseal the new rear diff and then reassemble the rear end to go back in the car.
            Hi mate, hey what diff did you use and what ratio?

Comment

I have a S2.93 but I haven't driven the car yet to see how it feels.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

with that gearing its very long. 40mph is about 1500rpm in 4th

Comment

Saturday afternoon was a HOT day, so naturally that's when my dad, roommate Kevin, and I decided to shoehorn the engine and transmission into my car. It took us about an hour and a half from start to finish to get them bolted into the chassis. I tried at first to do it with the tranny crossmember bolted on, but quickly pulled it off to gain clearance.

I beat in the firewall a little bit, but didn't go overly crazy, with the motor in place there is a good inch or inch and a half clearance to the coolant crossover pipe using the mounting holes closest to the firewall (Garagistic mounts).

My drivers side engine mount isn't lining up as you can see in the photo above. I think I remember in reading 36brua's thread that he had this same issue and modified the mount. Has anyone else run into this issue?
                  any more info on the motor mounts mine do the exact same thing??
                  M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Originally posted by WYZEUP View Post
                    with that gearing its very long. 40mph is about 1500rpm in 4th
                    Sounds fine. First in that trans is so low that any rear end will work. In a car as light as an E30, the V8's can pull a lot of gear.
                    Heck, I've heard an E39 M5 is very nice on the highway with a 2.65 rear.

Comment

Originally posted by dougie30 View Post
                      No, I haven't addressed this yet. What are you planning on doing?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

No, I haven't addressed this yet. What are you planning on doing?
                        Probably shaving the rubber down a bit so it sits more flat

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
                        M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

It's funny, Mine didn't do this. Everything lined up good when I did mine. I wonder if their jig got messed up or something.,
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Probably shaving the rubber down a bit so it sits more flat
                            That's what I was thinking too.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

Hi before shaving any thing make sure the engine is parrallel to the subframe.
                              Since the one side is sitting flat. Put a level across the valve covers and compare to when its on the subframe. Front rails could be tweaked

You've probably checked if rotating the mount makes any difference. If your mounts have offset studs lift weight off mounts and rotate also turn end for end.
                              Even after modifying the metal mounts you need to clock the poly mounts . Be sure to mark their orintation
                              Or f it and make shims but chk eng / frame relationship first. You need to watch your pan to rack clearance if you start shaving
                              My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Thanks Will/Bruce- I'll give spinning it around a shot when I throw the motor back in.

This weekend I got the pedals bolted back in and got the lines in place. Just need to bolt in my fabbed reservoir mount bracket, mount the reservoirs, then bleed the brakes!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X