'90 325ix TURBO help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'90 325ix TURBO help needed

Hello everybody, I have been reading a ton of forums and watching youtube videos on turboing an e30. I have a daily driver already with only 90k on it so this will be my project car for fun and learning (also will keep me busy as i am in the house all the time). theres a guy near me selling a 1990 e30 325ix. i know i would have to extend the splines either with a spacer or a newly made spline otherwise that will get torn up. but the car had a 5 speed swap and got a new engine (used) in it because the old one was toast. the guy selling it has had over 30 e30's. he is selling it for $2500 to me, i will upload some pictures. but back to the topic, since you guys know a lot more than i do what would you recommend for a turbo? i will get arp head studs, not sure if i will need a new crankshaft, get a turbo manifold, and all of the coolant goodies. i am not shooting for super high hp or psi, this will be a street car. i would like to beat my friends gti in a race... runs 22 psi😍 also, im not sure what to do for an exhaust because i dont want the car loud until it is under boost. after i get info and get the car, i will make a build thread (:

First thing is first and if you want to turbo and be racing a 325iX, I would recommend you start with a 325i or 325is from your neighbor who has 30 e30s. It is much easier to work on and find parts for a rwd e30.

Start with a little research, this isn't kindergarden where you are spoon fed information. It has been done before and the information is out there, so find it before asking questions that have been asked multiple times before.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

im not wanting the rwd, just because its too common, i have way too much time on my hands and i love fabricating things so i would rather do the ix. i have done a ton of research im just not sure about turbos and exhaust and stuff like that because i dont know them very well. thank you for responding though

Comment

just so everybody knows, I WILL NOT DROP THE CLUTCH, i know how bad that is for the transfer case and diff, i will eventually get a different differential. i know the basics, would just like the specifics. i would like all of the info on this thread so if anybody else tries to do the same thing i will do, then they only need this one source. im not going for crazy hp, i only want about 10psi, so it is fast but also driveable. thank you

Comment

There's a good reason most don't turbo the 325ix, its more involved and will cost more.
          Get a rwd e30 if you want to boost it.

Comment

Good luck. There is so much information on turbos and exhausts. You can find that HERE

Comment

But awd launches are life.
              In a serious note ix's are a blast will a little boost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
              X