'72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Loving this.

Comment

What wheels are you thinking about?
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Subscribed this is so cool
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            What wheels are you thinking about?
            I'll be using the 16" style 5s I posted the other day, I just need to get my adapters bored out.

thanks guys!
            WTB:m60b40 in PNW
            Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
            92 525it 5 speed.
            80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              :coolphoto:
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

dope build thread!
                Paynemw
                1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
                the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
                1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

This is awesome man! Mine fired up after being parked 6 years ago because the blower motor went out. Towed it out of the garage, put jumper cables on it with a little starting fluid and it fired first crank. These things are tanks! Going to drain the tank and clean if needed freshen the brakes and it will be my solid back up when the germans are down for maintenance. Can't wait to see how this turns out for you! You might just inspire me to take anothe route with it.
                  89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
                  99 540it
                  86 Volvo 240 wagon
                  99 Cherokee
                  13 Passat

Comment

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
                    dope build thread!

Thanks man!

Originally posted by gart View Post
                    This is awesome man! Mine fired up after being parked 6 years ago because the blower motor went out. Towed it out of the garage, put jumper cables on it with a little starting fluid and it fired first crank. These things are tanks! Going to drain the tank and clean if needed freshen the brakes and it will be my solid back up when the germans are down for maintenance. Can't wait to see how this turns out for you! You might just inspire me to take anothe route with it.
                    Yeah these blower motors are a bitch haha, but other than that and the engine mounts they go for ever.
                    At this point I'm in search of a donor e36, between 93-95 with a manual transmission. I have been looking for a super wrecked one at the auctions so I can get it for next to nothing but so far most have been either automatic or 318i.
                    I do have a bid on a super clean e46 323i with dinan intake and exhaust, if I win that at my highest bid set I'll stand to make a good chunk of change. So far I'm still the highest bidder.

As for a real update on this car, there isn't much, I wasn't able to mount the BBSs because the adapters where the incorrect bore size but I sent them off to a machine shop and they sent some pics

On the leath(?)
                    and a milled one compared to what I was sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                    92 525it 5 speed.
                    80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Look what's legal

Been driving it for the past 2 days, it's soooo slow!
                      Learning what the car needs and keeping my eye out for the donor e36.

I did decided I'm sick of the nasty interior, even though I cleaned it and it's not gross, brown corduroy is not a good look.....

So I bought

I got it for two reason, one black leather is gonna look much better than the brown, but also a plumber friend of mine's daughter drives one of these, she put a nice hole in the block. So he gave me $200 for the engine and if I do the swap he is going to replace my water pipes in my house, trust me, 1950s cast pipes have horrible pressure and the water taste gross.

The cost of the car was $100, with fees and delivery I'm at $400. Minus the $200 he is giving me, I'm in $200 for all new interior and getting new pipes. Screaming deal!

I am also going to part it out as much as I can and get that to a $0 price tag.
                      Here's to hoping

Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                      92 525it 5 speed.
                      80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Alright so I had the donor car delivered

Besides the dented hood, the car was super clean, no dents and the interior was damn near flawless. Which is perfect for the white car
                        starting off, all four doors on the white car are super hard to open, but all the doors on the blue car open with ease. So I went about swapping the whole door latching mechanism.

It seemed one of each of these bolts stripped on me, so I cut a groove it it and took a hammer and flat head and was able to get them out

Newer one

The handles where rusty so the new ones where also tossed in
                        The locking mechanism was also a little beat so those where swapped out as well

The old

And new.
                        Now all the doors open perfectly

Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                        92 525it 5 speed.
                        80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Lets make a M50 powered Volvo 240

The old cards had some water damage haha

Next the blue car had heated seats, so I pulled the harness and wired it in

It took all day but I swapped out the whole interior, the seat belts where switched over to the late style, the parking brake handle, all the pinch welt.

Old seat belts

New
                          The donor car also had factory rear headrest, I got ready to drill the holes for the headrest but found that it already had all the factory holes so swapping that was super easy

I even swapped the trunk liner for the one with a ski pass hole

Old dirty interior

And the new.
                          (I have newer heated seat switches in the mail)

I need to still put the old interior in the blue car so pick and pull with give me money for it, instead of charging me, then I need to pull the engine for a buddy's car that I'm doing a swap, then the car goes off to the scrapper. And at that point I can buy the donor e36.

Last edited by FireFight; 05-01-2017, 08:20 AM.
                          Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                          92 525it 5 speed.
                          80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Nice update, the new interior is soo much better.
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Man, seeing those pics reminds me of working on the family 245's back in the 90's.

Good work!
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

^^ Yes. I can almost smell that interior. Miss that car.

<EDIT> ..silly question, but why not just build up that blue car? It looks pretty clean and straight and....?

Comment

Working...
                                X