Please help me before I tap directly into my battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me before I tap directly into my battery

Trying to wire up some driving lights. Where's a good 12v source with a lot of current flow I can tap into? Besides the battery of course. I will be running two 100w lights. I have relays and fuses etc just need the 12v and ground. Thanks!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

I would go with the dedicated wire from the battery/under hood terminal. You're already using a relay so, maybe just an inline fuse too...

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
      I would go with the dedicated wire from the battery/under hood terminal. You're already using a relay so, maybe just an inline fuse too...
      that's what I'm thinking at this point. Even though I didn't want to add more wires to the batt terminals

Comment

Use the aux fuse box, beside the fuse box. One is always hot, one is switched iirc.
        Originally posted by codyep3
        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
        2010 F650gs twin
        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

I like the idea of the switched lead from the aux fusebox. then its fused, and you will never leave them on when the car is off by mistake.
          (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Didnt wanna go with the fuse box on my early model since it uses cartridge fuses rather than blade

Comment

Working...
            X