Watergate 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    The FBI also found that Hillary did nothing wrong with her server. That didn't stop Fox News and the Republitard base from screaming "lock her up!" and Trump from claiming she was going to go to jail if he got elected. And regardless of whether it's technically illegal or not, it's pretty damn unethical. And are we really going to try to pretend Trump knew nothing about this? The man has had a hard on for Russia and Putin since day one. He would rather whine and get defensive over his bruised ego then stand up for what is best for this country. But that's just the way the Republicans do it these days, party over country. The Trump apologists in this thread and elsewhere are actual freaks.

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
      The FBI also found that Hillary did nothing wrong with her server. That didn't stop Fox News and the Republitard base from screaming "lock her up!" and Trump from claiming she was going to go to jail if he got elected. And regardless of whether it's technically illegal or not, it's pretty damn unethical. And are we really going to try to pretend Trump knew nothing about this? The man has had a hard on for Russia and Putin since day one. He would rather whine and get defensive over his bruised ego then stand up for what is best for this country. But that's just the way the Republicans do it these days, party over country. The Trump apologists in this thread and elsewhere are actual freaks.
      wow, a prime example of someone apparently watching the same thing i am and completely getting it wrong
      the FBI said no such thing about Hillary
      Trump said he thinks Putin is a better leader than Obama. pretty much spot on.
      Trump was elected because he stood up for a big part of the country the professional politicians couldn't care less about, the working man that had been left behind for 20+ years
      take a deep breath dude
      Last edited by gwb72tii; 02-16-2017, 01:17 PM.
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
        Huh?

One question I do feel was answered by this investigation is whether or not the rule of law in the United States applies equally to all its citizenry, the bedrock principle of our republic. Unequivocally, that answer is NO.

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions, but that’s not what we’re deciding now. As a result, although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.”

That basically states, "Yeah, we would press charges if she weren't so influential in political circles."

Now I'll admit I didn't go to law school or pass the bar........but since when did ignorance or intent matter if you broke the law?

Intent may lessen the charge, say manslaught vs 1st degree murder, but you still broke the law. An extreme example, yes.

Next time I get pulled over for speeding I can just tell the officer, "Well, I didn't INTEND to be driving faster than the speed limit."

That should hold up in court, right?
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
          Source?
          I'm wasting my time with you as you clearly aren't looking for truth, but here's one article for you:

How about a more reputable source on this than a blog post containing a now-deleted mark fucking levin interview? and dont bother if you're going to cite breitbart
          Yep, attack the source so you don't need to think about the truth. Are you going to attack the Huffington Post as a source as well?

I was a secret back channel to the Khomeini Regime in 1985. So when I read about the current crop of secret diplomats, and their dealings with (thus far unnamed) Iranians, I know what they went through. It's not always fun, rarely glamorous, and always dangerous.

Doesn't take much reading of your posts to know you're a disciple of Alinsky:

The Rules for Radicals

1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
          2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
          3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
          4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
          5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
          6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
          7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
          8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
          9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
          10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
          11. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
          12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
          13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

You've got a lot of those memorized and well practiced...

Comment

Lol ahhh. Good ol alinsky, the current crop of snowflakes haven't a clue they are following a doctrine laid out in such an obscure text from the 1960s. Better put on your crash helmet and nomex long Jhons, it been a long while since I brought up alinsky....
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

This is getting interesting.
              Estoguy
              1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                I'm wasting my time with you as you clearly aren't looking for truth, but here's one article for you:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/672504...rump-officials
                Hey I'll give you a hint how you are supposed to conduct a discussion: provide a source to back your assertions and don't pretend i'm asking the world of you to do so. I'm reading this and the second link now.

Yep, attack the source so you don't need to think about the truth. Are you going to attack the Huffington Post as a source as well?

I was a secret back channel to the Khomeini Regime in 1985. So when I read about the current crop of secret diplomats, and their dealings with (thus far unnamed) Iranians, I know what they went through. It's not always fun, rarely glamorous, and always dangerous.
                Look I shouldn't have to explain to you why that article was not a good source. FWIW I did try googling around with that subject line and didn't find anything.

Doesn't take much reading of your posts to know you're a disciple of Alinsky:

The Rules for Radicals

1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
                2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
                3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
                4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
                5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
                6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
                7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
                8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
                9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
                10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
                11. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
                12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
                13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

You've got a lot of those memorized and well practiced...
                Conservatives are obsessed with this list of rules but thanks for a good laugh.

Comment

Could it be because that's the "play book" that has followed been by the left since the 60s. Have you even read the book, until you do your kinda just attacking the source......
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-17-2017, 09:35 AM.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Hey I'll give you a hint how you are supposed to conduct a discussion: provide a source to back your assertions and don't pretend i'm asking the world of you to do so.
                    While we're exchanging helpful advice, you might try to avoid insulting people who don't agree with you, and not immediately ignore information that doesn't fit with what you currently believe just because you don't like its source.

I'm reading this and the second link now.
                    Good, then I'm seriously happy to know I didn't just dig up sources that were specifically and blatantly leftist, to avoid you immediately discarding the truth which doesn't fit your previously stated narrative.

Obama deliberately undermined the negotiation efforts of the sitting president by secretly sending a representative with major history in the region to Iran to starting making deals with them back when Obama was just confirmed as the candidate and the election hadn't even really started yet. His government also attempted and eventually succeeded to dig up dirt during an election on the opposing party's candidate and team.

Let's assume Trump deliberately told his representative to call Russia to tell them the weak sanctions on them would be lifted were he elected as president, and that Russia provided WikiLeaks with the results of their hacking of the genuine e-mails (hardly mentioned given their extremely damaging content) of his opposition to avoid an unnecessary war.

How is Obama somehow guiltless, but Trump worthy of crucifixion?

Conservatives are obsessed with this list of rules but thanks for a good laugh.
                    I'm libertarian, thank you, but I have no problem being labelled as a conservative as long as we're talking about the Thomas Sowell variety.

Haven't you wondered why a book that's been out of print for decades, which shouldn't even be a footnote in history, has gained such prominence and notoriety? Alinsky grew up with the most famous leftists currently in American politics. He's had a very heavy influence on the ideology of the current leadership of the Democratic party (a party that John Kennedy would no longer recognize), and that of the entire country as a result of their combined influence. He's a true believer to the point where he's content not to assume any credit for his work, and it took a lot of digging to reveal the nature of his influence through that book.

That the tactics outlined in the referenced book have been used time and again seems a bit too coincidental to ignore...
                    Last edited by Shock(/\)ave; 02-17-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      Could it be because that's the "play book" that has followed been by the left since the 60s. Have you even read the book, until you do your kinda just attacking the source......
                      Only used by democrats? In the world of politics all of those rules are so completely vague that i don't see how you could possibly think they're only used by one party.

Oh noes, ridicule your opponents? only something leftists would do

In any case it hardly describes my posting here :rofl:

While we're exchanging helpful advice, you might try to avoid insulting people who don't agree with you, and not immediately ignore information that doesn't fit with what you currently believe just because you don't like its source.
                      Dude all i asked was for a source on the first link and a better source on the second one. Don't conflate distaste of piss poor sources with negating the truth. I didn't attack you or insult you, just mark levin.

Good, then I'm seriously happy to know I didn't just dig up sources that were specifically and blatantly leftist, to avoid you immediately discarding the truth which doesn't fit your previously stated narrative.

Obama deliberately undermined the negotiation efforts of the sitting president by secretly sending a representative with major history in the region to Iran to starting making deals with them back when Obama was just confirmed as the candidate and the election hadn't even really started yet. His government also attempted and eventually succeeded to dig up dirt during an election on the opposing party's candidate and team.

Let's assume Trump deliberately told his representative to call Russia to tell them the weak sanctions on them would be lifted were he elected as president, and that Russia provided WikiLeaks with the results of their hacking of the genuine e-mails (hardly mentioned given their extremely damaging content) of his opposition to avoid an unnecessary war.

How is Obama somehow guiltless, but Trump worthy of crucifixion?
                      There's obviously a history of doing this (reagan) but you're right that doesn't make it right to do. IMO it should wait until the new president is in office and not a minute before.

Obama and Reagan should both be condemned for this.

Was GWB even negotiating with iran in 2008? I assumed they would have been on cruise control since it was his last year in office.
                      Last edited by BraveUlysses; 02-17-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I didn't attack you or insult you, just mark levin.
                        Levin's a very smart man with a lot of solid intellectual and legal positions. He's also got a huge ego and many flaws like the rest of us, but I can't name many modest talk radio hosts of flawless character. He's certainly not worthy of condemnation. Do yourself a favour and read Liberty and Tyranny.

There's obviously a history of doing this (reagan) but you're right that doesn't make it right to do. IMO it should wait until the new president is in office and not a minute before.

Obama and Reagan should both be condemned for this.
                        See? We're in total agreement. :D

What really doesn't sit right with me, is that the vast majority of the press totally buried what Obama did, yet are frothing at the mouth to condemn Trump because their candidate lost. I think it's obvious at this point that nothing damaging was actually discussed, and the information leaks are so bad I wouldn't be surprised if the full transcript isn't already circulating among the media. The only reason to retain it would be to fuel imagination and insinuation (of the pissing prostitutes variety) when the reality is banal and lawful.

Trump firing the guy was a boneheaded move, but Pence should have stuck up for him as well.

Was GWB even negotiating with iran in 2008? I assumed they would have been on cruise control since it was his last year in office.
                        It's sadly common for presidents to make one last push to make headway on negotiations after doing nothing useful for the majority of their terms. Suddenly their legacy prods their egos into actually attempting to do something productive. ;)

Comment

What really doesn't sit right with me, is that the vast majority of the press totally buried what Obama did, yet are frothing at the mouth to condemn Trump because their candidate lost. I think it's obvious at this point that nothing damaging was actually discussed, and the information leaks are so bad I wouldn't be surprised if the full transcript isn't already circulating among the media. The only reason to retain it would be to fuel imagination and insinuation (of the pissing prostitutes variety) when the reality is banal and lawful.
                          Well in the case of that story about obama sending the delegate to iran, this wasn't uncovered until what, 2013? it was already known that they had announced a temporary plan until a final one was reached

Comment

Well in the case of that story about obama sending the delegate to iran, this wasn't uncovered until what, 2013? it was already known that they had announced a temporary plan until a final one was reached
                            It's was hardly uncovered, though, as you've noticed from your own search efforts. It was covered up at the time, then it never got any significant coverage at all once it finally came out (on Mark Levin's show initially by the way) by the mainstream media, yet look at what's going on now over what is very likely a benign conversation.

I completely distrust the media at this point, and for me one of the most blatant examples of their disgusting nature was when the first climate scandal was raging and our state run media (the C.B.C.) absolutely buried it until a full six months later, when one lone voice (Rex Murphy) was somehow permitted to scathingly and rightfully attack his peers and indeed his coworkers. Billions of dollars at stake; documented efforts to cover up data falsification, hideously poor programming, and making their findings fit their agenda; yet it somehow wasn't newsworthy... until they printed stories months later buried as deep as possible written as if they'd always been covering it.

If you only got your news from leftist sources you looked like a total fool when the topic came up in conversation.

Comment

Working...
                            X