Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 Picnic - New England - Planning underway

Hello all NE R3V'ers.

I'm working on an E30 Picnic - in the Boston area this summer. I've been working on it for some time, but venues are difficult to convince 50+ cars parking on their lawn is a good idea :)

The good news is last week I got in touch with a BMW dealership here that seems interested to talk to me about putting something together. I've talked with with E30 picnic guys in WA state and they are very cool. The idea is to do the same thing to the best of our ability.

If anyone lives in MA, or wants to come to an E30 picnic East Coast in the Boston area this summer, please PM me and send me your email. I'll keep you in the loop. With any luck we'll have a venue soon i'll update next week and we'll go from there. The E30 picnic concept is - there is no judging, it's just bring all the cars in - park them as they arrive - and the only award is for the furthest driven. Have a raffle, have food, have fun looking and talking to each other. Basically, a good ol time. Let me know.

Thanks!

- CB

We'll have our own name

Just adding that while it's an e30 picnic event, we'll need our own name. I reserved e30day.com - which is what we're going with unless things change. Have fun and let me know anyone in in Boston region that's interested in the show and i'll keep you on the email list.

- CB

Comment

I know we chatted quickly before and still more than happy to help with the event planning.

NE30 is up to almost 2,000 members and the activity level is incredible compared to this local R3v section.

All the Best,

Jon Heller
      sigpic

Comment

Sounds fun.. I'd be in. Earlier we get a date the better chance of getting there

Comment

I'm in. And yeah NE30 is much more active than the New England section of this forum

The Boston chapter BMWCCA should be able to help as well

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

This is a great idea, fingers crossed the e30 will be running when this comes up
            84 325e, Saphirblau Metallic/Houndstooth Sport, OBD-2 M52B28/ zf320

Comment

I'm very excited to see something like this!
              IG- nv_e30

Comment

i am in can bring 2 friends with e30

Comment

Sounds like fun, I am in.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping to attend as well.
                    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

eEuroparts.com is the premier supplier of European auto parts for SAAB, BMW, Volvo, VW, Audi, Mercedes, and other European car brands. Since 2000.

Could jump in with this and do a corral of E30 in the camping area.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
                        I know we chatted quickly before and still more than happy to help with the event planning.

NE30 is up to almost 2,000 members and the activity level is incredible compared to this local R3v section.

All the Best,

Jon Heller

Hi jon ill ping you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got a date and location

E30 Cookout
                          Sunday, August 27, 2017
                          Noon - 3PM

NARA Park - Acton, MA
                          25 Ledge Rock Way, Acton, MA 01720

Please email me to signup and get on the mailing list, so I can keep you in the loop.
                          cookout@e30love.com

More details to follow!
                          Photography, raffle, food, e30's - all welcome, no charge

$10 voluntary donations accepted for Samaritans Crisis Hotline

Comment

I've set up a website and posted the event on Facebook.

I ordered a box of hats from a company in China... we'll see... Alibabba is interesting.

I finally made contact with the BMWCCA and they were nice enough, but there is some kind of show and shine event in Rhode Island that same day. So there is a schedule conflict and they can't be involved with two events on the same day for the same chapter it seems. I'll reach out to the E30CCA folks. It's ok though, what matters most is that people have fun. We can have a decent number of people, but maybe better not to call out too too many.

this is a sample... based on the art I sent them...

Last edited by cirrusblue; 04-30-2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cirrusblue View Post
                              I'll reach out to the E30CCA folks.
                              Shoot me a PM. We'd love to help out in any way we can!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X