Programming a Volvo Module with VIDA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming a Volvo Module with VIDA?

Does anyone here have experience coding a new module to a volvo (2001 Volvo XC70 AWD, CCM module replacement)? Im having troubles and there's very little help out there.

Thanks!
    1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
    BMW

try swedespeed/turbobricks?
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
      try swedespeed/turbobricks?
      No response, those are not a very active forum it seems. At least compared to r3v.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
      1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

Usually the dealerships will reload the software for you. Do you have DICE?

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
          Usually the dealerships will reload the software for you. Do you have DICE?
          We have the CarDaq. An accepted J2534
          1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

CCM != ECU
            the CCM needs to be programmed from the connection on the CCM (I haven't messed with your particular vehicle, but that's how it was on other Volvos).

CarDaw != volvo vida dice adapter btw. Not the same. j2534 is ECU API protocol, not a manu specific adapter that can connect to and control every part of your volvo. Hell, my $10 bluetooth adapter uses the j2534 standard (like every other modern OBD-2 device). That's how OBD2 devices measure the same parameters from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Just take it to the dealership, man. Sometimes they don't even make you pay.

Comment

We have successfully programed several volvos this way before. I understand the J2534 protocol standard. Im not sure why you would need to download the software to the climate control module plug itself. I believe it is more of an issue with VIDA.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
              1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

You programmed the climate control module with cardaq? Really? As far as I know the CCM MUST be programmed with VIDA (it looks like the 2000+ can be done through VIDA without connecting directly to the CCM).

Comment

Volvo V70 - What controls the air duct temperature? - Does someone here know what controls the temperature of the air in the cabin air vents? My 2006 V70 seems to have trouble regulating it. I either get lots of hot or cold, but no inbetween. Is there a thermometer in the pipes somewhere that might be dirty? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X