Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help reinstalling horns (wiring question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help reinstalling horns (wiring question)

I'm having trouble finding much on how the horns wire up so I'm hoping someone can help me.

Long story short, it seems that the PO had cut the connectors for the horns off instead of just unhooking them as I've not had any luck finding the connections. What I did find was a single purple/yellow wire inside a loom that the PO used to do a wire tuck. From what I've read this should be the correct wire for the horn. The brown wire i assume was a ground and should be the easy part.

My question is, do the horns run parallel all the way to the fuse box or do they bridge together somewhere up near the front? Can I just splice this wire onto two horns and have them work?
    Last edited by Sevorith; 02-16-2017, 07:49 AM.

http://wedophones.com/Manuals/BMW/19...g%20Manual.pdf

Page 6100-0

Comment

Thanks for this! I saw this diagram when I first started trying to locate the wire. I'm not a good electrical guy, but from what I gather from it, I should be looking for two separate wires down near the front of the car right? It looks like they connect at the fusebox.

Comment

I'm having trouble finding where they hook up in the car. I know it's somewhere under the lights. Cab someone help me out with a picture?

Comment

Working...
        X