No announcement yet.

FYI: German Audio Specialties is not closed...yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I currently have 2 Luke Boxes installed in my E30's. He has answered many of my (sometimes stupid) questions without any issues. I am now in need of an AMP box to install behind one of my boxes and do not have any fear he will not produce one.
    sigpic
    Steve Corbett
    1983 528E Scrapped
    1983 528E Sold
    1984 745I
    1984 325E - Sold
    1989 325I Bronzit-Sold
    1989 325I Zinno
    1988 635CSI

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Corbett View Post
      I currently have 2 Luke Boxes installed in my E30's. He has answered many of my (sometimes stupid) questions without any issues. I am now in need of an AMP box to install behind one of my boxes and do not have any fear he will not produce one.
      Steve, we are still here, still building, still filling orders.

EDIT: we will be gone in less than 6 weeks, we dont have a final date just yet, our landlord would like us to stay, and orders are coming in every day, I will pull the plug sometime soon.

Let me point out if you are concerned, remember that you still have full buyers protection from PayPal when purchasing form us, plus an additional layer of protection (because I could get killed walking across the street, who knows) if you purchase on credit card.

As several have said, you can purchase from us with confidence, Ill get it handled.

Luke
      Last edited by StereoInstaller1; 07-06-2016, 09:25 AM.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

BTW, if you go out of your way, like joining TWO forums just to talk shit about us, or if you send emails to my customers telling them not to buy, Ill attack you, too, I promise.

Just don't be an asshole and Im all cool with you and anyone else.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          That's how I treat my people.

Thats why our reputation is legendary.

That's also why people believe we are some big company, not just two guys in a shop.
          "Two guys in a shop" That's how Nike started I believe you should keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by King Mufasa View Post
            "Two guys in a shop" That's how Nike started I believe you should keep going.
            Brother, I thank you, that's a kind thing to say.

This is the 3rd time I've prepared to close down. The last 2 times kind people like you have said kind things and I decided to stay open.

This company started with forum demand, it's all documented on this site. I still get long impassioned messages of why I should not close down, why German Audio Specialties is too important to the community to close, but this time, I am done.

Fact is, this is just too volatile a business to try to run. If we had capital, if we had resources, none of this would have ever come up.

On the other hand, our prices would be double or triple what they are if we used other peoples money to make our products, thats why we don't.

If we were like the typical business and started with a credit card, things might be different.

I've been working my ass off for years, trying to keep this small and manageable with steady growth, but Im jut too old to get enough done quickly enough, and this one bad bit of PR came at a time when we had just lost a ton of ground and were forced to move our shop yet again.

Combine all that with the extreme character assassination done by this one woman bringing us down, I'm just done.

Soon as the last orders are done, I bounce. I've put my heart and soul into this work for years, thousands of hours helping people and answering questions (yes, stupid questions piss me the fuck off, some of these fuckers need to learn to read) plus hundreds more hours writing tutorials and guides (more than anyone on R3V BTW) plus bringing people into R3V (again, easily the most referrals of anyone on R3V) fact is, I just don't have the strength to keep going.

Thank you,
            Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

I bought a box from Luke in the midst of the last BS thread and I'm glad I did. I considered building my own, but I could have never matched the quality and price. Its going to be a sad day when I get another BMW and can't buy a box from him.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I waited a long time to get my box but in the long run it was worth it. Wishing you well in your future endeavors.
                Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Maybe if everyone rocks this as their sig, you'll change you mind?

(Internet cookie to the first person that can name the movie)

Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                    (Internet cookie to the first person that can name the movie)

Save Ferris!
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Maybe go it to a restructering? Get a more stable job, catch up on back orders and do made to order things, and installs with a more solid time frams? I dont know how man you sell a year, and Im not asking, but the shrinking of business may allow you to catch up, and get back to enjoying the work, as well as stabilizing your life overall.

Comment

That and a vacation. I'm thinking something tropical.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          That and a vacation. I'm thinking something tropical.
                          I am thinking S.Africa.
                          1990 325i
                          2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                          sigpic

Comment

Are the dual 8s the only box you recommended for a vert?

Comment

Originally posted by pgunna_e30 View Post
                              Are the dual 8s the only box you recommended for a vert?
                              You can see a really good tutorial on that in the stereo/electronics section I think. My wife has the box in her car (plus local PCN's) and it sounds killer.
                              Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                                I am thinking S.Africa.

I dunno about that dude, I think he'd like to arrive back in the US in one piece.

;)
                                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X