Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear Right Tail Light Problems + Water Problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Right Tail Light Problems + Water Problems.

There seems to be water getting in every time it rains and I recently replaced the weather stripping with a off the shelf Home depot one which seemed to seal very well but water is still getting in somehow anyone have any good items on why it is still leaking? Only on right side, left side is fine.

P.s: secondary problem is water seems to be getting into the truck on both sides. Left side has water in the dip and I don't know where its coming from. The right side has some water too.

Any advice would be lovely.
    Thanks for your time

Cars: 1988 E30 325is.

Spring for the proper gasket. And while you're in there, make sure the car hasn't been
    hit- a really gentle bump on the taillight that might just crack a lens can sometimes
    deform the sheet metal enough that it doesn't seal.

It's not one of BMW's most waterproof designs.

Then, if that doesn't do it, start looking carefully at your rear glass seal...

hth

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Toby thanks for the information. Ill take some looks around but I took it apart twice to check and it seems like where it sits the metal is good and its only leaking on the brake light side all the way to the right. I tried checking to see where its coming from by blowing air through it and couldn't feel a leak or draft anywhere. Ill have to do more testing to see if it could leak from somewhere else.

Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Same problem

I'm fighting the same issue, water seems to be coming in the trunk around the right rear light housing.

Is this common and would I be correct in removing the light housing and freshening up the seal? It's not the deck lid seal, it looks like behind the tail light seal.
        My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
        I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Yup, it's not hard to change.

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
          X