New member with 3rd E30. Silverstone Metallic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member with 3rd E30. Silverstone Metallic

My first E30 was a 1984 325e turbo that I bought in 2007, and that is when I fell in love with the E30 chassis. I loved the styling and the personality of these cars.

My second was a bit of a failure. It was lowered on cut springs and bounced all over.I went through 2 oil pans and a ton of headaches till I practically gave it away.

Fast forward to 2017 and after many trade attempts with my RHD MR2 and an LS1 RX8, I am finally back. I could not be any happier either.

I found a clean 1989 325i that had been resprayed Silverstone Metallic from a newer M3, H&R springs, Bilstein Sport shocks, 3.73 LSD, Condor bushings front to rear, and a lot more. I paid a lot for it, but I feel like its getting harder and harder to find a CLEAN E30 that has not been stanced out or utterly riced out to the point of no return.

My future plans with the car are to replaced the bad cloth driver seat with a sportier Corbeau, maybe add a harness bar and harness for AutoX only, and replace the Mtech1 wheel with an OMP and quick release. I love the Mtech, but I am paranoid about someone stealing the car here in North Charleston, and I do not have a garage.

But with out further delay, here is my newest E30 and one I intend on keeping for a VERY long time.

Looks great! HIDs?

Comment

Came for the Silverstone. Stayed because it looks great.

My M3 is SS2 and it's an amazingly deep color. Always wondered what an e30 would look like in this color.

Post more pics!
      Derek-

Comment

This looks great in silverstone.

Comment

Looks great! Love to see more pics.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Very nice! I've always been a fan of K1s on E30s. I picked up a set last year and refinished them, but ended up selling them before ever getting tires mounted. I kind of wish I kept them. :)

Comment

my brother sent me a picture of your car. He also lives in N Charleston. Looks good. What suspension?

Comment

Thanks for the compliments!

I will try and get some better pics later on. I LOVE the color and the car in general. I parked my C classs and havent driven it in a week.

Comment

Working...
                X