Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miller WAR chip tune

Hi everyone,

I just installed a Miller MAF + WAR chip combo in my 325I (M20), I've downloaded a base tune from Miller, but the car idles badly.

Anyone here that has experience with MAF + WAR chip? My car is bone stock standard.

Cheers

Originally posted by wheels View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just installed a Miller MAF + WAR chip combo in my 325I (M20), I've downloaded a base tune from Miller, but the car idles badly.

Anyone here that has experience with MAF + WAR chip? My car is bone stock standard.

Cheers
    Hey,

Yeah I had a War chip and Maf. Idled like crap. IMHO the war chip is shit, you are basically playing around with a very limited chip. It's got less features than the original 173 ecu as far as tuning goes. Seriously, While you can do alright with it I fully understand why people talk about the chip as though it's worthless for tuning, because it is (once you get to actually tuning) .

I just swapped a DIYPNP megasquirt in and within 10min I had my idle NICE!

Your best bet with the Miller stuff is going to be to just keep watching your wideband and adjust the miller until the wideband reads a little rich say 13.5 or so. Generally for idle you will tune to lowest MAP but with the miller you don't know what that is haha, you can hook a gauge up and check MANUALLY though..

What you're going to find most annoying is trying to tune for the correct AFR's because there is no way to calibrate the MAF transfer function and due to the variations you get with MAF outputs it's not going to be as straight forward as it should be. Not to mention no way to log what's actually going on..

Comment

Working...
    X