No announcement yet.

FIXED! Fuel+spark= No start??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I'm getting back after a while. So I removed the fuel rail and while I cranked, gas was spraying so injectors are firing. Any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by ykarabala View Post
      Sorry I'm getting back after a while. So I removed the fuel rail and while I cranked, gas was spraying so injectors are firing. Any ideas??
      Try a known good ECU or an unmolested 413 Red label. In these situations where everything seems good, it is the DME a lot of the time.

If you have fuel spraying, spark, cranking, and a good crank sensor (OEM, not cheap China shit), it should at least try to start.

How are you sure you have spark?

Comment

Will try a working ecu tonight. I grounded the spark plug and when the car cranks, a spark can be seen.

Comment

https://youtu.be/B-0CcVjFCTg">https://youtu.be/B-0CcVjFCTg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

This is what the car sounds like btw. Swapped in a known working untouched red label 413 and still no luck.

Comment

Your video isn't working for me.

Just because you can see a spark does not mean that it will run. I had this happen with my M20. I could see the spark but it wasn't strong enough to fire. Condition of your plugs? Coil boots good? Have access to another set of coils?

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Plugs are new. Boots are good. Try this video.

After some deep thinking in the shower, I thought to myself and wondered if I had enough compression? Turns out the cylinders are all like 20 psi :( Gonna pull valve cover off to check timing and report my findings.
              Last edited by ykarabala; 04-21-2017, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Timing was off and I have no clue how that happened since I set it the proper way when building the motor. Will work on it soon and get back to you guys.

Comment

Just wanted to update you guys and let you know that the sprocket was off and so was the exhaust cam. After setting it properly, car fired up good and strong!

Thank you all!!!

Comment

yay gj

Comment

Working...
                    X