Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
    for the umpteenth time, what policy makers chose to do with it is in their wheelhouse. Making people aware that the climate is changing as a result of man burning fossil fuels, without scientific proof, is spreading the faith to the ignorant.

ftfy
    Proof doesn't exist in science, evidence does. Fortunately for you, your thinking and rationale on this subject are not held to the constraints of science, you wonder aimlessly looking for anything that fits the narrative you're selling. Damn that must be convenient.

UNDERSTANDING RESEARCH: What do we actually mean by research and how does it help inform our understanding of things? Those people looking for proof to come from any research in science will be sadly disappointed…

Many students have misconceptions about what science is and how it works. This section explains and corrects some of the most common misconceptions that students are likely have trouble with. If you are interested in common misconceptions about teaching the nature and process of science, visit our page on that topic. Jump to: Misinterpretations of the scientific

MISCONCEPTION: Science proves ideas.

CORRECTION: Journalists often write about "scientific proof" and some scientists talk about it, but in fact, the concept of proof — real, absolute proof — is not particularly scientific. Science is based on the principle that any idea, no matter how widely accepted today, could be overturned tomorrow if the evidence warranted it. Science accepts or rejects ideas based on the evidence; it does not prove or disprove them. To learn more about this, visit our page describing how science aims to build knowledge.
    This is worth repeating as it clearly applies to you as well.

Originally posted by cale View Post
    Anyone with a high school science education can point out the flaw in their methodology.

Comment

Ok cale, so if science​ can't prove anything, and we agree, then we can say that global warming, climate change caused by humans, is just an idea.

So let's not legislate based on an idea rooted in circumstancial evidence.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
        Ok cale, so if science​ can't prove anything, and we agree, then we can say that global warming, climate change caused by humans, is just an idea.

So let's not legislate based on an idea rooted in circumstancial evidence.

No, we cannot. It's not just an "idea", in science those are called hypothesis, and AGW is a accumulation of hypothesis which have been tested via the scientific method and became theories, those that failed were rejected.

If you want to assert the evidence is merely circumstantial then that's on you. I suspect however that you're going to struggle to do so.
        Last edited by cale; 05-24-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

All I am saying is that if they can't tell me what the weather is going to do next week, why am I going to trust a computer model telling me what is going to happen in 100 years?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Because those things are one in the same. Weather = climate

Sarcasm aside, I enjoy how often deniers switch between denying the science and the futile attempts to refute it, to the desperate last approach of simply not believing it. Fail to show it's wrong, yet think it's wrong anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
              No, we cannot. It's not just an "idea", in science those are called hypothesis, and AGW is a accumulation of hypothesis which have been tested via the scientific method and became theories, those that failed were rejected.

If you want to assert the evidence is merely circumstantial then that's on you. I suspect however that you're going to struggle to do so.
              wow do you realize there is no proof, whatsoever, that human CO2 is causing any climate change at all? As in none?
              That Mann's hockystick is fraudulent?
              That global warming has been going on long before industrialization?
              That the warming has in fact paused for 20 years?
              That there is no such thing as settled science?
              Amazing

What your side has done is grab billions in funding from government around the world to promote a hypothesis. It morphed into a political cause for the left and it's many wacko's.

So far your side has been unable to predict anything close to what is actually happening in climate today. Yet we are told it's settled science.
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

"no proof co2 causes climate change" lol

Completely ignoring the 3rd grade science behind sunlight, temperature, and the greenhouse effect.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

I've addressed literally every one of those "arguments" directly to you, some multiple times. I'm not sure if it's your alzheimer's kicking in and you're confused, but it's time for you to find some new factually incorrect material for me to shit on, cause I'm getting bored.

Comment

Don't worry, he will google 'global warming hoax' and find some more false evidence to share with us.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                      That global warming has been going on long before industrialization?
                      That the warming has in fact paused for 20 years?
                      which one is it? christ you are stupid

Comment

Every country in the world except Syria, Nicaragua and now the US are part of the Paris climate deal. But climate change is a liberal hoax and Daddy Trump knows best.

Remember folks, if you voted for this cretin, you're probably not very intelligent.

Comment

The Weather Channel and weather.com provide a national and local weather forecast for cities, as well as weather radar, report and hurricane coverage

Weather channel mad.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                            https://weather.com/

Weather channel mad.
                            Pfft, who needs the Weather Channel? We got George.

Comment

From what I understand, correct me if I'm wrong, it's not really a big deal.

The Paris agreement is non-binding. All it required was reporting every few years what we are doing to lower greenhouse gas emissions.

And while I mentioned earlier that we didn't join the Kyoto Protocol, we still beat all targets in the agreement.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                ... we didn't join the Kyoto Protocol, we still beat all targets in the agreement.
                                So why not signing it then?

BTW King Doritos' PRETENTION he's pulling out of the Paris Agreement is only pure demagogic rethoric to appear to be tough and please its RedNeck supporters (RedNecks and Hillbillies with neckties do exist). The reality is that according to Article 28, it won't be effective before 2020. He will PRETEND he's negociating but will still be bonded to the agreement. And we know that by 2018 he'll be gone anyway.

BTW Who cares about pollution? Jezus doesn't care anyway.

"Christian Conservative: Jesus Wouldn't Want Me To Care About Global Warming"

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                                X