X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edit1 by kamotors@y, on Flickr

7speedshop.com

Comment

Hey do you have a post or something that gives the current specs of the car? Wheels/steering wheel/...etc
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
        Hey do you have a post or something that gives the current specs of the car? Wheels/steering wheel/...etc
        Steering wheel is a renown 100 motorsport no in perforated leather. The wheels are rotiform rse 17x9 spaced out to et15. Tire are kumho v720 running 255/40/17 rear and 245/40/17 front. Still running ground control coilovers 425 front spring rates at 780lb rear .

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

7speedshop.com

Comment

Thank you! How do you like the renown wheel?
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd

Comment

Thank you! How do you like the renown wheel?
            I love that concave motorsport 100. It makes driving just a bit nicer. However I had a renown Monaco in suede that's in the e36 now and I really didn't like it. It was flat instead of concave and the suede has started to wear and feels pretty nasty now. It has a bunch of worn down smooth patches and is somewhat sticky feeling lol. Leather is definitely the way to go.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Thanks! Seems Renown has been getting bad reviews.
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                I love that concave motorsport 100. It makes driving just a bit nicer. However I had a renown Monaco in suede that's in the e36 now and I really didn't like it. It was flat instead of concave and the suede has started to wear and feels pretty nasty now. It has a bunch of worn down smooth patches and is somewhat sticky feeling lol. Leather is definitely the way to go.

That wheel is so dank.. does it come in Polyurethane? I cant stand leather and suede like you said starts to feel gross after a bit.. (grab your shoe and thats how your wheel will feel in 6 months to a year)

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks! Seems Renown has been getting bad reviews.

I recently paid $300 for a renown wheel and am not impressed.. The stitching is crooked and very loose in some areas. Also where the leather meets the metal isn't done very cleanly.

The wheel isnt soft at all either, there's nothing under the leather to squeeze

Fail to see any big differences between the shitty Chinese wheels, apart from thicker material to prevent bending.

Comment

When it comes to suede steering wheels, you should always wear driving gloves, because human skin is so greasy, so it ruins the suede. Or thats what i've heard.

Anyways, the car is looking good as ever and the ITB setup is sweet.

Glad you got the alpina valence fixed.

Comment

Finished detailing the exterior, just gotta finish the interior and she'll be ready to roadtrip down to bimmerfest.

7speedshop.com

Comment

That a wrap on the hood and trunk/spoiler?
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

That a wrap on the hood and trunk/spoiler?
                          Trunk is satin 3m wrap, spoiler is painted and the hood is a carbon fiber VIS hood

7speedshop.com

Comment

looks good man!
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

Vinyl wrapped the b pillars, big improvement and super easy.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                                Vinyl wrapped the b pillars, big improvement and super easy.
                                That looks great, nice alternative to the usual paint.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X