s14 CF intake questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carfantiti View Post
    I just bought mine ! And using miller maf war combo.nothing better than cf plenum the sound alone worth every penny!! I paid $970.00 shipped for mine .the miller maf and war $690.00.if you refreshing motor throw in schrick cams 284/276 .make sure oil pan baffles .the cams are nice car will hall assss! I bought the cams $900.00
    did you buy the CF plenum or the CF intake w the runners to the ITBs(DTM box)?

Have you dyno'ed your car yet? John?

Comment

It's not mine, it's a client of ours at the shop. We will be putting it on the rollers eventually. Nearing time for a valve lash adjustment and we are trying to track down some pesky oil leaks.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Very few strut bars will clear a cf intake, but wiechers makes one that does.
        Originally posted by codyep3
        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
        2010 F650gs twin
        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Interesting most times I seen brake res put on strut tower and power steering res using the bracket from airbox.I.m using 740i motor mounts to avoid chance hood contact plus little stiffer less movement. I see you reused the brake res .I bought vac install kit comes with one I will have to see what I will use.it won't be dune till July I will post pics yes I bought the dtm plenum that fits 46-48 tb.

Comment

Interesting most times I seen brake res put on strut tower and power steering res using the bracket from airbox.I.m using 740i motor mounts to avoid chance hood contact plus little stiffer less movement. I see you reused the brake res .I bought vac install kit comes with one I will have to see what I will use.it won't be dune till July I will post pics yes I bought the dtm plenum that fits 46-48 tb.
            so where did you find that box at such a cheap price

Comment

Germany :) I plan to do thread and I will tell you guys my source but I don't have it its on the way as we speek.I want to see fit and quality first crossing fingers.

Comment

Germany :) I plan to do thread and I will tell you guys my source but I don't have it its on the way as we speek.I want to see fit and quality first crossing fingers.
                sounds good, at that price im all in. Did you get the cams from the same place?

Comment

no got cams from guy in washington who gets them in from canada good deal.

Comment

no got cams from guy in washington who gets them in from canada good deal.
                    psssh, you need to share your sources lol they would make more money

Comment

i am also interested in a solution for my intake... i am on motec now and i am trying to find something to replace the afm... i wanted something like the roginner air box , but i think it is expensive for what it is...
                      if the deal is right i could go to CF box... and cams...
                      Last edited by GrandRoyaL; 05-27-2013, 08:55 AM. Reason: afm,not maf
                      E30 M3 us spec 88 lachsilver, 2.5 motec
                      E34 M5 S38B38 1995 cosmosblack

Comment

heres were bought cams!!!!

Comment

Just found this thread by accident and find it Interesting since this is my car and the install of the CF air box. Where did you get the picture ?

Thomas :coolphoto:

If anyone needs these air boxes we sell these. Just PM me for contact info.
                          Originally posted by aablown View Post

and a CF version of the stock plenum

Comment

Does anyone run one of the stock style carbon boxes like this?

Id be interested in one simply to take the weight off the throttle body mounts. I'd have to imagine that it sounds pretty close to the full carbon intake setup as well.

Will
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

I run a stock carbon box. I had to fabricate a new fitting for the vacuum line on the back of the box though. It sounds nice. :)

Comment

OP thx for creating this thread..i was going to but a lot of my questions have bn answered.

But one, I remember when researching years back that there are a lot of factors that can affect performance of this modification like elevation, temp, fuels etc.

Just wondering @those who have used the parts for a while, if the benefit is that substantial with so much after-tuning required even after the relatively expensive purchases needed.

I like to just get in-turn the key-warm up and go. I am wary of the reliability and having to constantly tune and retune. Appreciate any feedback from some of the OGs.
                                My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                                1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                                IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                                1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Working...
                                X