14s for autocross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14s for autocross?

I know a guy selling a set of enkei ek98's for $60 but they're 14". Would that be good fora set of autocross wheels or is the tire selection too scarce? Right now I have some 15" bbs rs reps which will probably need new tires before the years over.

Would you get the enkei's for $60 and make them track wheels or just get better tires on the reps? Or different route

Thanks for any input

What class do you plan on running, and how wide are the Enkei's? Regardless, I would probably say just pass on them, especially if you are running a street tire class. Good 14" street tires are just about non-existant. With slicks you do have a few choices, but still not really worth it IMO. They may be great if you just want a set of wheels to roll around on.

Comment

Last autox I was sts. And they may be 14x7? Not sure, can't really find any info on the 14" on google
      Last edited by zakatak47; 04-08-2015, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah, the e30 isn't in STS. If your car is in the Street Touring category it should be in STX. The good news is that you're free to do what you want with wheels as long as they aren't more than 9" wide. My recommendation would be to get some 15's, they fit easily and have good tire choices.
        88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
        We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

I'd go with these. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...ll&sort=Weight

Cheap, light, and excellent tire choices.
          Originally posted by Sonny
          I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post

Yeah I've been looking to get some of those if I can afford to after the summer

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post

fantastic wheel but light grey looks like anus, go silver

Comment

14's seriously limit tyre choices. I have this problem with my AE86. 185/60/14 is about all there is for a high performance summer tyre. 15's are the way to go.

Comment

Haha non-LSD E30's were STS legal a few years back, but all E30's have been bumped to STX. Another +1 for the TRM's, I have a set of 15x8's right now.

Comment

Yeah trm or also saw that tire rack has kosei k1's for a bit more. Always liked how those looked and same weight. But they only come in 15x7

Comment

Ive autocrossed my car on stock weaves with fallen Azenis rt615k's. That's really about all the tire you need with stock motor and slightly modded suspension
                      = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Working...
                      X