No announcement yet.

Not another E30 M52 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update: I have been looking at a new suspension setup to replace my ground controls/bilsteins combo.

1.Fortune Auto

2.Stance
    Get superior performance with Nissan aftermarket parts from Enjuku Racing. Shop tuner parts, Japanese performance parts & more. Join our Rewards Program & save!

anyone on here can chime in?

too bad Part Shop Max doesn't make coilovers for e30s:(
    i wish they did... i'd be all over it!
    1990 325i - Current Project
    2007 Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Comment

subscribed... I'm a little further behind than you in my build and probably started around the same time :p
      I pulled my m20 first since it had a snapped timing belt.
      Ordered my e34 oil pan last week and hope to pull the m52b28 from my donor car some time in the coming few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by schmidty View Post
        subscribed... I'm a little further behind than you in my build and probably started around the same time :p
        I pulled my m20 first since it had a snapped timing belt.
        Ordered my e34 oil pan last week and hope to pull the m52b28 from my donor car some time in the coming few weeks
        That's great:D! You will likely finish before I do.. my schedule is full of work and school right now. I won't be able to pull my m20 until maybe the end of the semester. :(

Comment

Originally posted by 4DR_Lou View Post
          update: I have been looking at a new suspension setup to replace my ground controls/bilsteins combo.

1.Fortune Auto

2.Stance
          Get superior performance with Nissan aftermarket parts from Enjuku Racing. Shop tuner parts, Japanese performance parts & more. Join our Rewards Program & save!

anyone on here can chime in?

too bad Part Shop Max doesn't make coilovers for e30s:(
          i wish they did... i'd be all over it!
          What's wrong with your GC's? I'd just replace any parts that are broken and buy some Konis for it. If your housings are shortened or you want to go lower, grab 8641 1144SPORT (325iX) for the front, and 8041-1186 sport (top adjust mustang) for the rear (these both require new strut/shock bushings from GC unless you're somewhat handy, but those are only like $30 for a full set IIRC)
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
            What's wrong with your GC's? I'd just replace any parts that are broken and buy some Konis for it. If your housings are shortened or you want to go lower, grab 8641 1144SPORT (325iX) for the front, and 8041-1186 sport (top adjust mustang) for the rear (these both require new strut/shock bushings from GC unless you're somewhat handy, but those are only like $30 for a full set IIRC)
            it's just not stiff enough compared to the PBM coilovers I had on my long gone 240sx. I decided to go with Broadway Static coilovers.. if I could get a hold of the dealer here on R3V for a cheaper price.

Comment

picked up these complete seat set up and 2.93lsd from Zeltar1234. awesome dude!

The fronts are rewraps, but still better than my old seats.

finally got around to pulling the m20

Comment

I found some time to do some more work here and there. New lollipops from bimmerworld(i always thought they were blue, but they arrived in black)

After the bushing installation, the M52 finally went in :D

Then the neighbors file a nuisance complaint against me :(

On other more important matters, I still need to find a place to mount this remote FPR. Unfortunately, I don't have a welder to create a mount similar to that on the E36.

Comment

Whoa, so that report says that if you wait 10 days and don't do anything about it, they can take it and never give it back to you? That's totally fucked, I hate neighbors. Seriously, how is it effecting your life seeing a car in a driveway so much that you complain to the cops?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

I'd be on that appeal asap.

I would also probably shit in my neighbor's mailbox, and buy a few actual POS "inoperative" and "dismantled" cars to leave around my yard for them to enjoy.

Comment

Years ago a realtor selling the house across the street turned in my old 2002 as a nuisance vehicle. The actual homeowners did not care about the car because it looked OK and I kept a cover on it when it was not being wrenched on....some people....

What booster set-up you running? I am just buttoning up my M52 rebuild and hope to get the M20 out in the next month so I can clean and prep for install.

Comment

Also, you could just not run that running losses valve/FPR. Just run an early E39 528i rail, or an M50 rail for the integrated FPR and disable/have the DTC disabled when you flash the ecu (unless shadow codes that don't throw a CEL are still a problem for BAR?)

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                          Whoa, so that report says that if you wait 10 days and don't do anything about it, they can take it and never give it back to you? That's totally fucked, I hate neighbors. Seriously, how is it effecting your life seeing a car in a driveway so much that you complain to the cops?

I guess the neighbor believes that my car reduces the value of their home
                          like what mjweimer said...

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
                          Years ago a realtor selling the house across the street turned in my old 2002 as a nuisance vehicle. The actual homeowners did not care about the car because it looked OK and I kept a cover on it when it was not being wrenched on....some people....

What booster set-up you running? I am just buttoning up my M52 rebuild and hope to get the M20 out in the next month so I can clean and prep for install.
                          It's a 944 booster. The shaft on the booster needs to be retreaded and cut to length.

I'd be on that appeal asap.

I would also probably shit in my neighbor's mailbox, and buy a few actual POS "inoperative" and "dismantled" cars to leave around my yard for them to enjoy.
                          Unfortunately, I don't know which neighbor filed the complaint. I only have assumptions as to who did it. I could shit in all my neighbors mailboxes, but that would end badly. lol

Also, you could just not run that running losses valve/FPR. Just run an early E39 528i rail, or an M50 rail for the integrated FPR and disable/have the DTC disabled when you flash the ecu (unless shadow codes that don't throw a CEL are still a problem for BAR?)
                          I'll look into this in the future. For now, I really just want to get the "nuisance" running.

Comment

That's ridiculous. I could understand if it was in pieces and just sitting there, but as an ongoing project??? So if someone has work done on their house and it takes a year, and in the meantime the property is a wreck, how is that different? Or if someone just neglects to care for their property? ughhh... people

early E39 528i rail is a really nice option as northern said. That'll keep the fuel lines nice and tidy behind the manifold, and integrate the FPR.

Regarding suspension, I'd give GC a call and discuss your intentions/needs and see what they come up with. They can easily spec a kit for you to suite what you want out of it
                            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                            Shadetree30

Comment

RE: running losses valve, if you can find a fuel rail from an M50 or early e39 M52 with an integrated FPR, it will run without flashing the running losses crap, but it'll throw a DTC and probably a CEL. So if you think that's easier for now than mounting it somewhere, go for it.

Comment

booster delete
                                89 e30is m50
                                97 e39 528i
                                07 e92 335i
                                15 s1000rr

Comment

Working...
                                X