Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
    Sub'd. Looking forward to this build :up:

That Monte Carlo is probably my favorite wheel for e30's!

Says the cupholder on etsy is unavailable :/ Looks pretty nifty though
    Thanks! I think the Monte Carlo is a great classic looking wheel. Not that expensive either. It totally changed the feel of driving the car.

On the cupholder, I would message the seller and inquire. It's probably the best thing I've done to the car because I don't have to try and hold my coffee while driving to work in the morning anymore.

Comment

Bought a set of mint OEM tail lights to replace the ugly smoked and cracked tail lights that are on the car now.

Next up is RX7 front brake upgrade and all new OEM rear brakes along with new poly bushings in the rear subframe, rear trailing arms and differential mount. Trying to get the suspension and brakes right before adding 100 horsepower lol!
      Last edited by Bimmerguy91; 03-20-2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Washed the car for the first time since I've owned it this weekend LOL. My buddies Cayman is finally gone so I've got my third garage stall back. Organized, dusted, vacuumed and mopped the garage as part of my spring cleaning.

Untitled by Austin Graner, on Flickr

Went ahead and started repainting some trim pieces that were faded. Still need to repaint the bumper trim and shadowline the window trim. While I was in there I went ahead and rewired the ghetto wiring job the PO did when installing the US Ellipsoids. Installed some LED high and low beam bulbs as well.

Comment

If you have not replaced your halogen bulbs with LED's I highly recommend it. Money well spent. Much brighter and a lower power draw to boot. Ordering new lenses for my fog lights, Lamin-X film for the fog lights and headlights and new LED bulbs for the fog lights to replace the cheapo HID fog light kit someone installed (only works when it feels like it).

Low Beams:

High Beams:

Comment

Shadowlined the window trim this weekend. Also repainted the bumper trim. Will reassemble one day this week and snap some pictures. Getting ready to do a full paint correction.

Pleased with the way the shadowline trim turned out. Really changes the look of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
              Shadowlined the window trim this weekend. Also repainted the bumper trim. Will reassemble one day this week and snap some pictures. Getting ready to do a full paint correction.

Pleased with the way the shadowline trim turned out. Really changes the look of the car.
              What did you spray it with?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Krylon Rust Tough Semi-Gloss Black Enamel. I've used this stuff for various projects over the years and always had good results with it. I know the aluminum trim doesn't a rust inhibitor paint but I just like the finish you get from this stuff.

The plastic trim was all painted with SEM trim paint.

Comment

Looking good. Nice Cayman! I feel like I've see the Martini livery car around, does he do track stuff with it?

Garage looks great! What's the cut-out in the garage floor?
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                    Looking good. Nice Cayman! I feel like I've see the Martini livery car around, does he do track stuff with it?

Garage looks great! What's the cut-out in the garage floor?
                    Actually yes he did track the car. Ran at AMP a couple of times so maybe that is where you saw him.

Thanks I try to keep it looking good but its hard. The cutout is a storm shelter, also doubles as an oil change pit

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
                      Krylon Rust Tough Semi-Gloss Black Enamel. I've used this stuff for various projects over the years and always had good results with it. I know the aluminum trim doesn't a rust inhibitor paint but I just like the finish you get from this stuff.

The plastic trim was all painted with SEM trim paint.
                      Looks really good man! I'm getting ready to tackle painting my chrome soon

Comment

Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
                        Looks really good man! I'm getting ready to tackle painting my chrome soon

It's actually not chrome its polished aluminum, not that it matters just an FYI. I scuffed it up, wiped it down with denatured alcohol, wiped it with a dry cloth, let it air dry and then painted. Do a couple of light coats first and then you can get a little heavier with your final coats.

Comment

Finished up all the trim and repainted the rockers and the bottom part of the rear valance satin black. Went ahead and painted the exhaust tips, muffler and gas tank while I was in there since they looked like shit. Really pleased with the result.

Mirrors back on

At my buddies shop yesterday picking up some new Shine Supply Classic Cut and Classic Polish. As soon as I finish the paint correction on my wife's F30 335i I will be doing a paint correction on the E30.

Comment

Now that the rockers and bottom of the rear valance have fresh satin black paint the upper part of the rear valance and the front valance stick out like a sore thumb. Going to repaint them gloss black. May repaint the bumpers too if they don't polish up to my standards.

Comment

Guess I'll show a little sneak peak of the F30 as well. Got a new Husky 5000 lumen LED worklamp and stand at Home Depot for $99 yesterday. This is a must have. So much better than my old halogen lamps. No heat, uses way less energy and is much brighter.

The car is Mineral Gray Metallic and was in pretty good shape, just some light swirling and water spotting. I am doing a one step on it using a PC7424XP DA polisher, Lake Country Hybrid Light Cutting Pad with 3 dots of Shine Supply Classic Cut and 1 dot of Shine Supply Classic Polish. This combo removes defects effectively and quickly but finishes down very nicely without the need for a second step.

Comment

I love your E30 and F30! This is coming from an E30 and F31 owner. ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X