What's this sticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's this sticker

I bought a parts car and as I was loading it onto the trailer to haul to scrap, I noticed this sticker on the inside door of the driver's door jam. Never seen one before.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170426_181526.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	7250086
    Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
    '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
    Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
    1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
    Check us out
    Or YouTube --> HERE;

European delivery / pickup?

Comment

That would be my guess. Never seen a sticker indicating it, but it also wasn't as common then.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Read a guide of all the European Delivery programs from BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Porsche and Volvo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like an awesome program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like this car was well loved in the beginning of its life. IMO, it takes a pretty hardcore car enthusiast to order a 318 and get European delivery.
            Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
            1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

Check us out
            Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Volvo also did something similar for their NA customers who wanted to experience the Nordic regions with their new car.
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Can't wait to do the delivery program. I thought that you also got a code to watch portions of your car being made while you waited to go pick it up.

My girlfriend wants to buy a new m3. As soon as we are done with this home remodel we are about to start I believe this will be the next major thing on our to do list.
                sigpic
                Gun control means using both hands
                Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                  Volvo also did something similar for their NA customers who wanted to experience the Nordic regions with their new car.

My mother tagged along with my grandfather to do that in the early 80s. Apparently he was so stubborn that he "had to put 500 miles" on the car before returning home to Holland.
                  Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

I really want to do this, but sadly there hasnt been too many new euro cars I would spend my money on. I hope this changes in a few years when I can realistically do it
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      I really want to do this, but sadly there hasnt been too many new euro cars I would spend my money on. I hope this changes in a few years when I can realistically do it
                      Alfa Guilia. Dark blue. Get on it.
                      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by sgtskid View Post
                        Seems like this car was well loved in the beginning of its life.
                        That's the sad part to me. Every time I see one of these (or any car for that matter) you have to wonder at what point did the owner stop caring about it.. Maybe it was handed down or passed on to a friend or relative, and they beat the snot out of it.
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

That's always the case. It's the people in between that treat the car as an appliance.

Comment

I would agree, I walk around junk yards looking at the mustangs, camaros, 5 and 7 series and think that someone WANTED that car. They went to a dealership, test drove it and picked it out. Now, they are moments away from being a ball of metal shards.

Whomever had this one last, put it through it's paces with some nice long burn outs. I don't know what prompted the car to be parked/scavanged but the last few moments of it's life were hard.

The rear tires were corded and there was 1/8" of rubber on the inner wheel wells. Everything looked to be in running condition but the interior had already been picked over the intake was missing when I bought it. I don't know what the final straw was for it.

Check us out
                            Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Just hauled it to the scrap yard. 2060lbs and $92.70 was all shes worth after 33 yrs on this earth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170312_173618.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	7190619

Check us out
                              Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Working...
                              X