5spd swap help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5spd swap help

Hello I'm planning to take out parts from an 86 coupe 325es and doing my 5spd swap in my 92 325i convertible. I tried looking to see if all parts are compatible and I didn't find any thing different but the central support bearings.
    Is there anything else that isn't compatible? Pls let me know I'm scared
    Last edited by Leannjanphan; 05-19-2017, 11:16 AM.

I'm not sure the pedal box is compatible. Someone with more knowledge can confirm.
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Comment

Pedal Box will likely not be compatible since the 92 is probably a Airbag one. But all you need is the clutch pedal and guide rod from the assembly and it should fit right on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackthorn View Post
        Pedal Box will likely not be compatible since the 92 is probably a Airbag one. But all you need is the clutch pedal and guide rod from the assembly and it should fit right on there.

So basically instead of using the whole 3 pedal assembly, I'm just gunna need to mount the clutch pedal?

Comment

Originally posted by Leannjanphan View Post
          So basically instead of using the whole 3 pedal assembly, I'm just gunna need to mount the clutch pedal?
          The automatic brake pedal might be too big...

Comment

Originally posted by cspec View Post
            The automatic brake pedal might be too big...
            Correct. You need to pull both clutch and brake pedal from the manual car along with the long bolt that they swing on from the manual car. You don't need the whole box.

Hopefully your 86 has the late model shifter carrier because IIRC the later cars do not have provisions in the body for the early sheet metal shifter.

-NICK

Comment

Working...
            X