Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late Notice: CUSCC Meet 6:30pm TONIGHT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Notice: CUSCC Meet 6:30pm TONIGHT!!!

Hey all,

the CUSCC car club is having one of our biweekly meets tonight at 6:30pm in the 29th street parking garage (Macy's side) in Boulder. Come and join!

We need more BMWs to show to counter the subaru tarboz.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

maybe, just MAYBE, I should bring the fam and the E39.

Comment

Yes you should. And damn you're fast.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

What a miserable day. And for that, I apologize to you all, because I am now convinced any terrible weather is my fault. This is because without fail, every time I begin to work on my E30, a nice day suddenly transforms into a frigid downpour.

And this time I was on my way back from AutoZone with a quart of diff fluid and a fluid transfer pump, and yep, I pretty much swam home. And to get my car into any sort of garage space, I have to move four cars. Yes thats right not one, not two, not three, but four cars.

Woe is me....

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
          What a miserable day. And for that, I apologize to you all, because I am now convinced any terrible weather is my fault. This is because without fail, every time I begin to work on my E30, a nice day suddenly transforms into a frigid downpour..
          I was thinking the exact same thing the other day! Perhaps it is our e30 working-on powers combined.......Captain Shitweather!

Here's what I did yesterday:

Paint engine bits in 35 degree weather, causing lots of runs, not that I can paint for shit anyway. Mope around, and then decide "fuck you, clouds!" and do everything i was originally planning on. Soaked myself taking the tranny to the outdoor car wash place, and subsequently spent the next two hours bolting the tranny on in sopping wet jeans+sweatshirt. While I didn't have to move 4 cars, my garage is approximately the size of a russian outhouse, and just as warm.

Today it was sunny while i was running errands in denver!
          However, as soon as I started to take steps to replace rear tranny seal, again with the rain and the not-warmth.
          Rear seal was replaced and selector shaft seal removed in anticipation of upcoming pelican package. Mental note made to finish torquing crank bolt to 300+ ft/lbs. (only at 140 right now)
          Also managed to disassemble that shit rod ball joint which only took 30 minutes of hammering and improper screwdriving to BREAK. pelican article says to use special BMW tool or a screwdriver, and unless that special tool is a wizard hat, then i'd just as soon never deal with the damn thing.

WARNING:

tomorrow is shift bushing and motor mount day: tornadoes will happen everywhere.
          Originally posted by stoliver54
          Aw, balls.
          FS: assault gear....
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159253

Comment

HA hA! I did the same exact thing with my CV shafts. I installed them two days ago in the pouring rain, while lying down in two inches of standing water that was barely above freezing.

Comment

Working...
            X