Broken Inlet on Oil Cooler and Oil level Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Inlet on Oil Cooler and Oil level Sensor

Well when it rains it pours. Im in the middle of completing my 5 speed / motor refresh swap and while reattaching things i got a lovely POP and part of the oil filter housing broke off when i was reconnecting the return lines. Additionally the connector to the oil level sensor disintegrated on me so yea now im looking to replace that little guy as well.

Anyone know if there is a Oil Rad delete or bypass i can use or should i just find a replacement housing and slap that bad boy on there. Additionally anyone know where to get the 3 plug connector replacement?

Thanks in advance you guys!

Looks like im replacing both. I found a link for the three pin male adapter via another post but the links dead so ill link it again below.

Link for many cheap male and female connectors.
    Last edited by Blackthorn; 01-31-2017, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Also one additional note for those searching, 17mm for the bolt attaching it to the block. Make sure it doesnt spin in the housing as it will gouge the guide flange on the housing itself. Its not the end of the world if it happens but ill make you fiddle with it for it to line up correctly. Additionally i had issues installing the coolant lines that came with the housing to my oil cooler currently on the car. Not sure what the issue is but mine needed replacing anyway so the old one got tossed in the trash.

Comment

I'm in the middle of resealing my filter housing right now and can't get the large mounting bolt out. It does turn in the housing and I want to replace the o-ring and washer that go under the bolt flange.

May try brass hammer...

Comment

Working...
        X