Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I lived in Florida, with just my WRX wagon, people would stop me to ask about it and stuff. I always laughed because I bought it as a DD and it's nothing special.

Everyone here has horrible exhaust and awful bovs.... Idk if the weather messes up the packing or something, but they sound like Honda's with a misfire...

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
      Saw 4 e30 since last night.

White ix with what looked like white oz rally wheels on 25s

Black i/s on circle in springs with a duckbill spoiler. I liked the spoiler, if you're on here mind telling me where you got it?

Red 30 (might have been a 28 I just caught a passing glimpse) parked off of circle, and another red 30 down circle near galley.

4 e30s is more than you see in a month in Florida, to say nothing about Subarus hah. Subaru drivers don't even wave at each other here.
      I've seen a white e30 down here with that spoiler. I think they are on ebay.

Either these guys http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-E30-RE...RWx6fy&vxp=mtr

or these

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Those both look pretty cool, but neither are exactly what this guy was running. His has a flat back, whereas the others have a molded indented back and are shorter in the middle.

I've been trying to find someone that works with fibre fabrication to hopefully bring some aero parts, that have actually been tested, to reality, I've just always been a sucker for the duckbill style spoilers, like the W201 AMG.

Comment

Anyone plasti-dip their car? I'm looking for bids from a shop with experience. Preferably in or near Golden, but I'll drive for a good shop.
          My 91 ix sedan was clipped the other day while parked and now we're dealing with the insurance company and all the fun of the claims and evaluation process. The drivers side rear door is a goner and the drivers door and side skirts took a good hit too. Luckily the guilty party stopped and claimed responsibility. My paint it tired and the body has some light hail and other spots that show its 27 years of age. Just want to investigate the plasti-dip option as the insurance claim will only cover painting the damaged areas and another $4,000 out of pocket to paint the entire car isn't in the budget right now.

thanks for any help.

Comment

I think a vinyl wrap will turn out better than plastidip.

If it were me, I would have the whole thing painted or I would get the check for the repairs and fix it with spray paint or plastidip in my driveway since the paints already beat.
            http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

Please don't plastidip, you will regret it like everyone else. It will peel and chip and wear very quickly. It's the same price for a maaco paint job or a vinyl wrap, and both are better options

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'm getting a few other quotes too - anyone recommend a vinyl wrap shop?

Comment

Originally posted by zinger View Post
                  Thanks for the advice. I'm getting a few other quotes too - anyone recommend a vinyl wrap shop?
                  I personally don't have any good recommendations. Is your iX the Zinnoberrot 4 door that I've seen parked along bear creek road? If so that's a single stage paint and some of it could be corrected if not too far gone, the rest possibly paint matched. Wraps seem to be the second best option. Sorry about it getting hit, if it's the iX I thought of then it was pretty straight..
                  Build Thread
                  https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                  Parts Thread
                  https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

that's probably me. I did a polish and wax yesterday and the paint looks okay. Trying to increase appearance of value when the insurance adjuster comes over. My fear is they'll try and total it. After reading about plasti-dip for 48 straight hours it seems you either love it or hate it. I think I'll stay away for now and go budget paint job or vinyl wrap depending on how things settle out with the insurance claim.

Comment

Good wraps will be far more expensive than a Macco paint job. I had Macco (Santa Fe and C-470) paint my e30 4 years ago for $800 and it still looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by zinger View Post
                        Auto Armor in Boulder does a great job but cost is in the thousands for a wrap. It isn't cheap.

Comment

any local places I should support that sell racing gear? I would like to buy a visor helmet

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                            any local places I should support that sell racing gear? I would like to buy a visor helmet
                            Absolutely; I recommend stopping by Wine Country Motor sports in Englewood! Completely worth the drive and they have a good selection. That way you can try them on and get one that fits nice.
                            Build Thread
                            https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                            Parts Thread
                            https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Colorado drivers have a fetish for cutting me off with no signal only to match the speed of the person next to them. It's always 10mph slower than the posted limit, too. Ruins perfectly fine traffic for so reason.

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
                                Absolutely; I recommend stopping by Wine Country Motor sports in Englewood! Completely worth the drive and they have a good selection. That way you can try them on and get one that fits nice.
                                Thanks for the suggestion Chris, I'll head up there this week!

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X