No announcement yet.

Fathers Day. What was your dads ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I was born I think he had a white 60-something Peugeot sedan.

Then when we came to canada, after I was born we got our first car here, a green 73 Volvo 145 Wagon. Followed by an orange 75 245DL, then a 78 245DL then an 81 245DL.

Since then he swore off european/scandianavian cars forever. His current ride is a late 90's Olds Aurora. he's never experiened so much luxury and performance (and reliability) in anything he's ever owned
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

No pics, unfortunately.... :(

My dad was all into van customizing in the late seventies....I remember helping him out handing him tools while he was putting in wood paneling and carpet. Those things were super comfortable on long trips.

Before that he had a Challenger and a couple of Chargers. One of the Chargers was a green 72 exactly like one I ended up with...he told me that while he was in the military in Jacksonville, he was surfing when someone ran out to tell him that my mom was going into labor with me at the hospital. Tossed his surfboard on the roof of the Charger and hauled ass all the way down to Tampa bay right before I popped out. Said he was going so fast the whole way that he almost blew the motor in that thing, lol.
      Jason

Comment

Dad's been gone over 20 yrs now but he had some very cool rides.no electronic pics that I know of.
        1964 1/2 mustang-1 of the 1st 100 built
        1964 GTO convertible-red/white tri-power 4spd
        1963 Impala Z11
        1966 Chevelle wagon NHRA O/SA
        1966 Impala wagon NHRA R/SA
        1966 Impala NHRA P/SA
        1966 Caprice,396 all options except 3 iirc
        1970 Ranchero 429
        There were 2 other goats and a bunch of other stuff as well.
        If anyone knows the whereabouts of any of the ex-Peterson and Lantz racecars or the GTO vert (I heard its in the Vancouver BC area) please pm me.
        1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

No pics available but my old man has had a slew of cars;
          1974 LeMans
          1978 Gremlin Levi's edition
          1988 Mazda Rx-7
          1962 corvair lakewood wagon
          1962 corvair greenbrier
          1964 corvair convertable
          1965 corvair monza (yenko clone)
          1966 corvair monza convertable
          1963 Studebaker lark
          1969 Avanti II
          1964 Wolsley Hornet
          1989 Alfa Romeo Milano (75)
          The list goes on but those are the ones most vivid in my memory...
          sigpic
          Justin Angelli
          1985 325e Gazellenbiege

Comment

No idea, my real father was a deadbeat who chose a night of drinking over buying diapers.

But my stepdad, who was a part of my life until I was about 10, had a '77 Toyota FJ40 with a 383 V8 in it. Pretty damn badass. I have a Polaroid of it somewhere...

Comment

my dad was never around, but my grandpa was and he had some cool stuff
              39, Dodge coupe

40, Ford business coupe

49, Buick

50, Ford Custom De-Lux

59, VW Bug

60, Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo

67, ford wagon ( thinking its a country squire)

73, Pontiac grand am ( only car my grandmother ever crashed)

i really wish he had kept the 40 ford, and the 49 buick id love to have a little business coupe hot rod, or a lead sled
              Last edited by Herr Faust Schinken; 06-16-2013, 09:05 PM.
              88 325is Five Speed
              Lachssilber

Comment

31 model B with a corvette v8 and some serious work. Ran a 9.x quarter. No digital pics unfortunately.

49 Ford as well as tons of others. My mom and dad had several really amazing cars that they sold for hospital bills when they had us. Owning your own business has perks and negatives I suppose. One that I wish they had kept was my mom's 69 camaro with an error 3 speed trans. So many cool cars.

Comment

My dads first car was an MG A, he said it was yellow with a red interior. His stepdad pretty much took it from him and gave it to his son. Ever since then my dad hasn't been into cars much, I blame it on his stepdad who was a real dick for what he had done..... My dad now drives a Prius :(

Comment

the pictures i could find.. after the saab he went on to own more saabs and jeeps..

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

My dad was never a big car guy unfortunately...

He had a Beetle at some point, a VW van, Nissan Maxima, some shitty Saturn, '86 Suburban, ('03?) Pathfinder, and now he drives a damn Prius.

My dad supposedly always wanted a Z car yet he hates my 280Z project car and has given me shit for it nearly every day since I bought it. He hated the idea of me getting an "expensive, piece of shit, unreliable BMW" (which is now my E30, the most reliable, least expensive car I've owned yet).

Luckily, I spent all day with my son, friends and family so it was a perfect first fathers day. He will grow up riding in, working on, and driving real cars.
                      Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

66 chevelle 327cu
                        vw based fiber glass body dune buggy-fortunately he grew out of that phase
                        67 mustang coupe
                        66 mustang vert

today he has a really nice 67 mustang vert and a 57 tbird
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

"We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post

60, Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo

67, ford wagon ( thinking its a country squire)

My Dad loved big cars! some that I remember: 1958 Caddy Fleetwood limo, and 1967 Caddy Fleetwood limo, 1959 Chevy Biscane, 1968 Chrysler New Yorker, 1969 Oldsmobile Vista cruiser wagon, 1970 Pontiac Bonnie w/ Buick wildcat engine. With 5 kids it was reasonable. But he always had at least one smaller toy for himself: 1963 Buick Riviera, 1962 Corvair Monza convertible, 1966 Renault Caravelle, 1967 Pontiac Lemans convertible (we scoured every junkyard for body parts and turned it into a pseudo-GTO), 1988 Buick regatta, 1990 Cadillac Allante convertable. He retired at 90 and is now 91 years old and drives a Subaru Baja turbo. He still subscribes to Motor Trend, Automobile, Popular Science, etc. Awesome man!

I wish we still had the '63 Riviera and the '58 Fleewood, and the '62 Corvair, and maybe the '90 Allante.

Comment

Right now a busted 318Ti that has been in 2 or 3 fender benders. He also has a couple expensive shelves in a 76 r90s and 88 Henna (seen below). On a related note, I have been planting seed to do an s52 swap on this car for the past 2 or so years.

Originally posted by vlad
                              Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Dad's first car.

One of his.

His other ride. Flat bottom v-drive, 454, weiand intake, dual holley 650s.

He's also had two other Alfas besides the silver one, a 64 GTO, a 442 but I dont remember what year, an air cooled bug, Type 1 bus, and a few motorcycles. My dad is 100% the reason I got in to cars.

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X