X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up in a Dodge dynasty and a 80's monte carlo SS
    Sadly we had his 50's ford pickup stolen a few years ago

Comment

My dad always drove big old boats back in the day. Oldsmobiles etc. My mom was the one with the cars, Lemans convertible, GTO convertible. Forget the engine details but they were both dual 4 barrel cars with gobs of power, In her words she could pass anything except a gas station.
      2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

My dad first had a '65 Chevelle Malibu, then a '69 Chevelle , but got into too much trouble with it and bought a VW beetle. Then he went into a Porsche 914. After that he got an Audi 5000 turbo, then a e21 320i (pictured), then to an '85 325e. Next was two 190e's, then an '88 E-class wagon (miss that car). Now he drives a 2001 merc wagon
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	7156910
        Last edited by shameson; 06-18-2013, 02:33 PM.
        '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
        '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
        '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
        '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Close to these...'73, pale yellow....

Name:	john70ltfttop.jpg
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	7156911

Name:	Picture_2537.jpg
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	7156912

Comment

My dads not into cars at all. No idea where I got it from. He drives a Peugeot 407 diesel..

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Comment

My dad couldn't remember if it was a Vega or Chevelle and then the family argued about it for 30 mins
              "I wanna see da boat movie"
              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

My dad had a 72 F100 like this:

Same green with a 4 speed and custom sidepipes.

Now he drives a 325is with Ground Controls and Eibach sways.

Comment

My dad used to own this he sold it when he moved to the bay area I give him crap about it whenever I get a chance
                  1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                  2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                  2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

'72 Datsun 240Z.

He had it restored the summer before I was born so my mom couldn't force him into selling it because 'he had too much into it'. Smart man. Sadly I don't have any photos on hand.
                    "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. " - Han Solo

Comment

Originally posted by beta14ok View Post
                      My Dad loved big cars! some that I remember: 1958 Caddy Fleetwood limo, and 1967 Caddy Fleetwood limo, 1959 Chevy Biscane, 1968 Chrysler New Yorker, 1969 Oldsmobile Vista cruiser wagon, 1970 Pontiac Bonnie w/ Buick wildcat engine. With 5 kids it was reasonable. But he always had at least one smaller toy for himself: 1963 Buick Riviera, 1962 Corvair Monza convertible, 1966 Renault Caravelle, 1967 Pontiac Lemans convertible (we scoured every junkyard for body parts and turned it into a pseudo-GTO), 1988 Buick regatta, 1990 Cadillac Allante convertable. He retired at 90 and is now 91 years old and drives a Subaru Baja turbo. He still subscribes to Motor Trend, Automobile, Popular Science, etc. Awesome man!

I wish we still had the '63 Riviera and the '58 Fleewood, and the '62 Corvair, and maybe the '90 Allante.
                      my mom has some funny stories in that limo apparently my grandpa got my mom and her four brothers from highland to malibu in 40 minutes flat. pretty good for a car he bought from a funeral home for like 200 bucks
                      88 325is Five Speed
                      Lachssilber

Comment

My dad was a hot rodder. He started out with a 32 5 window with an early Chrysler hemi with a Pottman "eliminator" cam. Crashed that in Palm Springs and his dad told him "no more dam v8 hot rods!"
                        So he bought a 52 rhd MG TC and put a Judson supercharger on it and stroked it and raised the compression, had a custom clutch built and added grooved road race slicks to it. Then proceeded to wax the v8 cars.....power to weight ratio ftw.

Then he had a Chrysler Imperial, several Renault Daulphens, inherited his dad's 69 SS El Camino, bought a 74 vw bus and built a 2.9 lt type 4 motor with dual 44 idf webers, a 82 blazer, 1971 Gray market 911s, a 1974 914-6 that I built for him and I own again, now he has a 2004 Nissan frontier crew cab.

The cars have become more tame as time has gone on. Lol
                        seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

1986 Testarossa.

had it for about 10 years now, maybe more. multiple mods including a larini systems exhaust. I love that car, and so does he.

When he was a kid he always dreamed of owning a Ferrari, and when he was well off enough to own one, he bought one.
                          sigpic

Comment

1980 911 Targa, 1969 Camaro SS, XJS, 1985 911 Cabriolet, 1965 Chevy Apache, 1992 Toyota t100 or whatever those are, and finally now a 2000 Silverado and eventually another late 70s-mid 80s Porsche. He almost bought a Ferrari, but being 6'4" he couldnt fit inside it.

Not the exact one but was his favorite; had a black on black one that was stolen.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Current:

can't find a pic of his bike (it and his 240z are stored at my warehouse, can't turn down your dad if you have space lol) but it looks identical to this. It's a '74 CZ Jawa 125

He bought this '73 as a shell, got a supposedly built L28 for it. Realized he'd never finish it and gave it to me, said I get half ownership if I put it together. I strip it down, needs a lot. I'll get to it some day

'72 with 45k miles. Was stored at his parent's, had to sell the house when his last parent died though. It's at our friend's shop, he's supposedly buying it but it's just been sitting for 2 years.

best 240z factory color too

he just sold this in the fall. It did not drive very well, made his 240z feel like a ferrari

he's definitely the one who got me into cars. I've been to Watkins Glen every year for the vintage event, haven't missed a year since I was 5 (I'm 28 now).
                              Last edited by ColdAccord; 06-17-2013, 09:24 PM.
                              Originally posted by blunt
                              can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

My Dad was super into Chevelles for years. Had a 65 Malibu, said it was the cleanest one he had ever seen. A 68 SS 396 (red/black stripe and vinyl top) with bucket seats and M22 rock crusher on Corvette rally wheels, was his baby til my Mom wrecked it. He got it fixed and then some tweaker phuck stole it and stripped it. Found it a few weeks later completely gutted on a street. Also had a 70 SS and a 72.

He also had a lot of RX7s (FA, FB and FC) around the time they were new. He and a few friends used to race them.

I'll have to go dig thru some pics and find them all. I'm sure it will make him feel all nostalgic :)

Currently...E60 545i sport and '06 F-150.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X