My 500$ eta e30 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 500$ eta e30 Project

i bought a 1984 325e for 500$ about a month ago and I've been working on it at a slow pace but it'll get there soon, the cons are: not running, no drivers side tail light, no stereo (idc tho), and rust. i am going to get it painted again i was going for a dark glossy burgundy im going to paint the bottle caps white and slam it as for the diving boards i like them so im keeping them im just painting them all black, there was this Bavarian sticker on the windshield and idk wtf thats from idk what performance part the previous owner got installed or if he just put that there to look cool idk it does have some megasquirt looking console thing under the dashboard and it says something about shifting and he did mention something about high revs but my dumb ass wasnt listening lol so idk i recently got the clutch for it from auto zone according to the owner thats all it needed to get it running but we'll see Monday when i install it.
    Attached Files
    00 328i 16x
    85 318i unknown mileage

That wall of text is super easy to read.

Looks like you have quite the road ahead of you! Slow and steady, it'll get there.

1986 325e - RIP
    1987 528e - Sold
    1989 325iX - Parted Out
    1991 318iS - Sold
    1991 325iS - Current

Comment

Someone who doesn't care about a stereo and likes diving boards?! Unique tastes, my friend!

Comment

i had a supra before, i never listened to the radio.
        then again i also had a turbo...

and diving boards are sexy! hate on it

Comment

Originally posted by Colby.325e View Post
          That wall of text is super easy to read.

Looks like you have quite the road ahead of you! Slow and steady, it'll get there.

idk if that was a call out on my bad grammar or a compliment lol either way thanks and yea it will one day
          00 328i 16x
          85 318i unknown mileage

Comment

idc about the stereo yet lol im mexican so you already know imma drop in some subs later on and as for the diving boards, i think the plastic bumpers look too clean i want a dirty street car look that's why im keeping them don't judge everyone has different taste lol and it turns out mexicans celebrate labor day too so imma have to wait til tuesday to get it running -.-

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0173.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	7159988

Name:	IMG_0167.jpg
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	7159989

Name:	IMG_0175.jpg
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	7159990
            00 328i 16x
            85 318i unknown mileage

Comment

Dude, you got an early-model E30 coupe in Burgundrot for $500?? NICE FIND!!!!!

Good luck with the project!
              Originally posted by LJ851
              kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
              ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
              #teamross
              Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Good luck with the project! I too bought my early model e30 for $500!
                I'm $2k in and almost finished!

Comment

kind of a rare color. sick come up op

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                  Ig:ryno_pzk
                  I like the tuna here.
                  Originally posted by lambo
                  Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

So i started the car up today after replacing the intake boot, the previous one was torn anyways it wouldnt start but it did after a few tries and with help from starter fluid but then the cruise control console started smoking really bad so i took it apart and put it back together after that it didnt smoke anymore, then i ran into more problems.. i have a fuel leak under the drivers side of the car and not only there but also on top of the exhaust headers its some thing that goes directly into the intake manifold, other than those things the car is fine im not to worried about the hoses under the drivers side that should be a quick replacement but i am worried about the leak in the engine bay i have no idea about the cost to replace that and i dont even know the name of it but hopefully it isnt anything major or pricey
                    00 328i 16x
                    85 318i unknown mileage

Comment

So the clutch is in but there's other issues, the pivot ball in the tranny is broken so I had to order a new one blindly from a parts store cuz I didn't know the name of that little thing at the time hopefully it fits when it comes in on Monday. Keep in mind this is my first car so I learn as I go I'm freshly 18 years old lol and there's so much little details that need to be fixed.

I don't know what part this is lol

Or this grey thing

Here's the rusty old exhaust

This shit started smoking when I first started up the car idk what's wrong with it but I think it's the cruise control console

Fresh new clutch installed

So here's the slave hose and its disconnected at the top and that SOB is hard to reach and plug back in the quality is shitty but I didn't wanna get under and dirty lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                      00 328i 16x
                      85 318i unknown mileage

Comment

the spring thing goes to the back of the pedal, to help it come back up. The grey thing is your master cylinder
                        1987 Delphin 325e Sedan - Natalie
                        1990 325i 24v
                        1997 Chevrolet K1500 Crew Cab 4x4 - The Centurion

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
                          Good luck with the project! I too bought my early model e30 for $500!
                          I'm $2k in and almost finished!
                          Dude your car looks sick ! I was thinking about getting the same tail lights or just smoke the oem ones

00 328i 16x
                          85 318i unknown mileage

Comment

Originally posted by andrewm View Post
                            the spring thing goes to the back of the pedal, to help it come back up. The grey thing is your master cylinder
                            I suspected it was that lol thanks !

00 328i 16x
                            85 318i unknown mileage

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
                              Dude, you got an early-model E30 coupe in Burgundrot for $500?? NICE FIND!!!!!

Good luck with the project!
                              Is the color rare? I didn't like it at first but it grew on me

00 328i 16x
                              85 318i unknown mileage

Comment

Working...
                              X