87' IS turbo build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87' IS turbo build thread

Hey guys, I'm a ways into a turbo build. Below is a link to the WordPress I've been updating along the way. We are also converting the car to a 5 speed at the same time. I'll continue to update as we progress, hoping to drop the motor in this weekend.

Updated with new URL
    Last edited by madbim; 10-19-2016, 11:44 AM.

The engine is now back in the car, ordering the exhaust components this weekend. Will be building a 3" stainless turbo back.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice looking build. I've never seen wordpress before but it looked really nice. Did you rebuild any of the motor? and what type of manifold are you using.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyLizars45 View Post
        Nice looking build. I've never seen wordpress before but it looked really nice. Did you rebuild any of the motor? and what type of manifold are you using.
        The block is stock and untouched, the head has been resurfaced, valves were also reground. The manifold is an ebay special from cxracing, fit was pretty good fingers crossed the welds hold up.

Intercooler and piping should be going in this weekend.

Comment

Intercooler was installed today, fitment was good and didnt require any trimming. Only had to remove 2 smaller mounting tabs.

Comment

Updated page is http://theshiftbox.com for those interested

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X