How to fit standard Recaros to E30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fit standard Recaros to E30?

So there are a nice pair of overpriced Recaro LXs on eBay that are calling my name. Before ponying up the cash, I'd like to know exactly what I'm getting myself into as I know they aren't strictly plug-and-play.

From what I understand, some sort of brackets are needed. It seems there aren't many good brackets available anymore, but ones that caught my attention are the Wedge brackets, here:

Why Wedge? There is a reason why the top aftermarket seat companies in the world choose Wedge. For nearly 40 years we have built and designed brackets for virtually every seat manufacture in the world. We are universally known as the seat bracket experts. We have had almost every vehicle ever made in our physical possession in an effort to design a seat bracket that would allow you to install your aftermarket seat with little to no modifications. If you ever pay a dime more than what a Wedge bracket costs, you are wasting your money. Wedge brackets have a lifetime warranty and if for any reason your bracket does not work the way you expected, we will custom make one to your liking. We are the only company that truly understands what it takes to build a custom, direct bolt in bracket. Those words “custom” and “direct bolt in” will save you a lot of time and headaches, take our word for it! There are so many variables that go into making a custom bracket. If the height of the bracket is not just right, your head will be in the roof. If the seat belt tab is not in the right place or the bolt hole is not the correct threading, the stock belt will not work as intended. If the holes in the bracket are not in just the right place, you will not sit centered to the steering wheel. Those are just few of the several variables that go into making a custom aftermarket seat bracket. If you have any questions regarding seat brackets or aftermarket seats, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 801-555-5555 or email us at info@wedgebrackets.com.

My question is will the seats bolt right in just with these brackets, or is anything else required? How would fitment be? I've heard of some people saying Recaro LXs and the like don't go all the way forward because the side bolster hits the console.
    Last edited by c0rbin9; 02-06-2017, 03:37 PM.
    1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Side bolster will hit, are you that short?
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I am 5'11", thank you very much.
      Last edited by c0rbin9; 02-06-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

bump

These are the seats I'm considering:

w/ Wedge Engineering brackets.
        Last edited by c0rbin9; 02-06-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I have a set of Recaro branded brackets with tabs attached to fit stock E30 seat mounts if you're interested.

Comment

Welp, I just bought those seats, at least the seller acted like I did, lol. Can't wait til they arrive.

I think these seats will clear the console just fine being narrower JDM seats. They are only 20" inches across at the widest point.

rogue, I may take you up on the brackets... just got to see what parts I've got...

Comment

I used Lee Massive recaro seat adapters. They work great!

Last edited by almostacrayon; 02-06-2017, 10:07 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X