E28 no clutch pressure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E28 no clutch pressure.

sitting here with my moms E28 up on the stands with no pressure on the clutch pedal, you can pull it up and it sorta clicks up, but when you push it down it stays down. I bled the system, and like I should have already known, nothing happened. just a bunch of wasted fluid. before I change the master, slave, and hose. I need to know if there's anything else it might be, cause all that shit looks like a pain to get in and out, especially the master.

I would reverse bleed it. Use a simple modified small oil can (filled with brake fluid of course) with a hose on it and push the fluid up through the slave. This is the easiest method I have found to bleed the clutch.

I think I found a youtube video last year that showed how to do it.

To Purchase the bottle in this video, go to the link below:http://www.bmpdesign.coresense.com/product-exec/product_id/8577/View BMW Repair Tech Tips - follow...

Method shown at about 5:30.

Comment

Probably the slave :/
      Originally posted by Vokuhila
      I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

actually, you pump the slave before you reinstall. got some help from mye28 forums. also found that it's the master that's fucked. the plate it's mounted to is cracked and that's why it broke, still replacing both though. now just trying to get the master to slave tube disconnected, there's no room like in an E30.

Comment

got it off. had to wait for my brother to show up so he could turn the cylinder while I was under the car with a wrench of the nut of the tube.

Comment

have spent the last 4 hours trying to get the new master onto the tube to the slave. is there some kind of trick for this devilry?

Comment

Working...
            X