Take a look at my molten exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at my molten exhaust

Hey R3V got some interesting material for y'all to look at. I rebuilt my engine 2.7i dropped it in and was letting it idle on jack stands with megasquirt on auto tune and I looked under the car.

What do you know my exhaust looks like it's going to melt a hole in my car

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8484.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	7249386

Is this normal? I'm running pressure rich about 10/11 afr. Needs more tuning.

What do you guys think?
    sigpic

Define normal, you've already stated you are running pig rich and need to tune it so in essence you answered your own question.

I'd say thats not out of the ordinary for an engine running super rich but i'd be interested in hearing others chime in since unburnt fuel getting into the exhaust then burning would be hotter then just ambient air thats hot heating up the exhaust.

Comment

Roy's 24v was cracked out one time and decided it wanted to dump fuel while idling. Happened to look under the car and saw the aftermarket cat glowing bright orange and a second later it blew its honeycomb guts out the back of the car like a shotgun blast.

So I'd say, yeah, tune your car.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Bye-bye catalyst.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Hahaha okay just wanted to make sure this wasn't an abnormality. The turbo exhaust is going on later so this is a temp solution to get the tune right. Thanks for the feedback northern!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E30DriftMissile View Post
            Hahaha okay just wanted to make sure this wasn't an abnormality. The turbo exhaust is going on later so this is a temp solution to get the tune right. Thanks for the feedback northern!

I'm no expert but, doesn't your exhuast play a role in setting up your tune? So if you tune now then change out your exhaust would you have to re-tune??

Comment

Originally posted by E30DriftMissile View Post

Originally posted by Cayoncrusier93 View Post
              I'm no expert but, doesn't your exhuast play a role in setting up your tune? So if you tune now then change out your exhaust would you have to re-tune??
              Turbo usually means a re-tune anyways ;)
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Yea totally! I'm running it NA now so I can get used to tweaking ms. A lot less pressure when tuning AFRs NA then under boost

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X