Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't

Hey guys,

My car doesn't always start. When it doesn't, it cranks but doesn't turn over. I get spark but not fuel. Pretty sure it's not the AFM or the CPS. Don't think it's my fuel pump either. Getting really stumped, especially since sometimes it will start and run like normal. Lately though (the past few weeks) it hasn't been starting more than it has. What do you guys think?

How do you know its not getting fuel?

and how do you know its not the cps or afm?

Comment

Unless the flap is stuck on the AFM it is not so much a no start part. The CPS on the other hand will shut you down whenever it feels like it.

If you have a Bentley manual and a digital multimeter, check out the resistance value of the CPS. You could be on to something. The wire comes upward when the CPS is installed on the car and moisture can run down the wire and foul it - mine died when I hit a puddle coming down an exit ramp once.

Comment

Check the connector for the injector harness. It can get really corroded and cause the injectors not open.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Check your main relay. I had a similar flaky situation and it was my main relay.
          Vlad: '87 535isMaytag: '87 528e'88 911Project Minerva - S54 E28

Comment

Working...
          X