No announcement yet.

E30ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so what do y'all think? when i get this new computer. do y'all think it'll start?
    e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
      Correct. The PCM and engine don't care about year up to about '04ish.

However, the harness must be wired correctly for the PCM (or PCM must be correct for the way the harness is wired).
      Yeah I'm aware. I was replying to his question on whether or not the engine itself (being a 98) matters :)
      Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
        so what do y'all think? when i get this new computer. do y'all think it'll start?
        If it wasn't for the pic showing the PCM ur using, my next suggestion was to try another known good PCM since yours might have been fried.

Comment

Originally posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
          If it wasn't for the pic showing the PCM ur using, my next suggestion was to try another known good PCM since yours might have been fried.

Thank you man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

good news, i called the guys at texas speed. they said they will buy my pcm back and and switch over the tune to my new pcm.

Comment

thats great news! nice to catch a break
              '87 BMW 325i - ground control c/o, condor bushings, 16x8/16x9 wheels - SOLD

'09 MazdaSpeed 3 - FOR SALE

Comment

I hope this works... I've been following your thread for a long time just to watch your progress and it's honestly been like pulling teeth.

Whoever you got that motor and trans combo from really fucked you.

And lastly, for the money one of them "plug and play" harnesses cost you should be able to connect it in your sleep. You would have been better off making your own harness and would have saved a bunch of money and know every wire and what its for. I ran my fuel pump relay +12v to pin 13 of C101, pin 13 then goes through a fuse in the stock e30 fuse block and then back to your pump. That's how BMW did it 25 years ago. The LS PCM triggers the fuel pump relay by SUPPLYING +12V (pin 9-red connector) the other side of the relay goes to ground.

"Pin#13 – Violet/Red – Fuel pump – This pin in the power supply for the e30 fuel pump. 12v from the fuel pump relay enters at this pin, passes through fuse11 then heads to the fuel pump in the rear of the car. Obviously you need this one connected." http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=163088

You should get bigger/better ground wire for your engine to chassis (1/0 gauge) and I would make sure that PCM ground your using in the glove box is good (<0.5ohm). It's critical since the PCM reads sensors that are grounded to the engine block>chassis.

Looking forward to updates.

-Nick
                -Nick

Comment

These wires are going to melt! Is this really where the PSI harness gets its power from? If that's the case you definitely need to fix this.

-Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_08 View Post
                    I ran my fuel pump relay +12v to pin 13 of C101, pin 13 then goes through a fuse in the stock e30 fuse block and then back to your pump. That's how BMW did it 25 years ago. The LS PCM triggers the fuel pump relay by SUPPLYING +12V (pin 9-red connector) the other side of the relay goes to ground.
                    I'm not sure if a 6-cyl E30 is different but the stock BMW 12V+ wiring that goes to the pump on my 316i is tiny. Mine would be noticeably warm when it had a Walbro 195lph on my RB25DET swap (while the common LS swap pump is an even larger Walbro 255lph or equivalent). Safer to run new, thicker wiring than hook it up to 25+ year old wires.

As for the harness its pretty much a standalone P&P ordeal. Power/ground hookup like any other standalone. OP would've been up and running if he had the correct PCM.

Comment

Originally posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
                      I'm not sure if a 6-cyl E30 is different but the stock BMW 12V+ wiring that goes to the pump on my 316i is tiny. Mine would be noticeably warm when it had a Walbro 195lph on my RB25DET swap (while the common LS swap pump is an even larger Walbro 255lph or equivalent). Safer to run new, thicker wiring than hook it up to 25+ year old wires.

As for the harness its pretty much a standalone P&P ordeal. Power/ground hookup like any other standalone. OP would've been up and running if he had the correct PCM.

I agree with you. I can say however, that I've been running a walbro 255 for 8 years with the stock wires. FWIW

Thanks for clarifying on the harness because he made it seem very difficult considering all the troubles he is having with it.

-Nick

-Nick

Comment

Check it out

Comment

Check it out

Cangrats!

-Nick

Comment

i am so hyped. plugged up the computer, turned the key and the fuel pump turned on. my heart dropped. then turned it on and it was ready to be born again. i am so happy

Comment

Thankful for a friend of mine who's a bad ass welder. Check it out. Fits at the bottom original spot for the radiator. And the hoses don't have to be so kinked up

Also got a trailer. Hopefully taking it to the driveshaft shop Monday.

Comment

Congrats on getting it running!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X