Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS - Chalkboard e30 1990 325i, Houston TX, $1651

Chalkboard e30

Up for sale is the Chalkboard e30. I have owned it for a little over a year. It’s been fun working on the car and owning a piece of e30 history. But I no longer have the time to work on it like I did last year. Where does this car go next? Art car, engine swap? That’s for the next person to decide. This is a project car and it needs time and attention for the next chapter of its life. This car was a $400 junk yard car that Neil 1138 saved.

PAINT:
    The chalkboard paint remains intact. I kept it parked in the garage to preserve the paint, and it’s essentially the same as when I bought it. It works and the chalkboard paint covers the whole car including the bumpers and valances. You’ve seen the pics. And, it’s rust free!

NEW:
    The following are new, unused parts that I have replaced or had installed.
    New Gas Tank – professionally installed, hard fuel lines repaired
    New Beck Arnley Fuel Pump – installed with tank
    New Fuel Pump Relay
    New Coolant Expansion Tank
    New Upper Radiator Hose
    New O2 Sensor
    New O2 Relay
    New Oil Filter
    New Air Filter
    New Catalytic Converter
    New Tailpipe
    New Sears Diehard Battery
    New Power Steering Fluid Reservoir and Hoses
    New FCP Euro Aluminum RSM
    New hood strut

MAINTENANCE:
    Coolant Flush
    Oil Change
    Valve Adjustment
    Valve cover gasket and shaft plugs

DELETED
    AC components are out
    Aux Fan removed, it will come with car
    Window Wash Fluid Tank
    Tint from driver’s and passenger windows
    No Stereo
    Sound deadening material was all previously removed
    Hood Release Latch, I have a new one you can install

BAD/NOT WORKING
    Right rear window doesn’t work
    Key lock on passenger side doesn’t turn
    Driver side, locks when you press down on knob, will unlock with key
    Cracked Dash
    Needs new cv boots for rear axles

ENGINE
    After cleaning it up, valve adjustment, oil change (syntec 5w30), coolant flush, it’s running better than before. Emissions weren’t even close when I first got it, but after cleaning up a few things, valve adjustment, cat and new parts, I finally passed the tailpipe test. And here’s the good news for TX folks, it won’t ever have to pass emissions again because of the 25 year rule. That said, the odometer stopped at 212k awhile ago and the engine has seen a lot of miles. Cylinder four has low compression. As Neil said in his old for-sale post, it’s probably a worn piston ring. You can’t really tell when you drive it. There’s no oil smoke when you start it. It’s running. No oil leaks. But if you don’t run the car for a few days, it takes a little time to get it started.

COOLING
    The car runs right at center right when you drive it, even in the TX summer. There’s nothing to obstruct the radiator. It runs a touch hot when you do a lot of low speed stop and go. It will get about a needle width above middle. I haven't let it overheat.

SUSPENSION/WHEELS
    It’s on stock springs and shocks and runs on bottlecaps. I replaced the rear shock mounts.

STEERING
    I replaced the reservoir and the high pressure hoses, it was leaking a lot when I got it. But the rack is leaky. I simply keep extra Dextron around and fill it up when it gets low.

PRICE
    I’m selling it for $1651. I bought it for $1650. I’m selling it for one dollar more than I bought it. I didn’t get this car to make money. It was for the experience and the fun. I’m in Houston, TX, and I'm hoping to sell it soon. Pm me if you have questions. I can work out shipping if you're willing to pay for it.

-Ted

LINKS:
    Previous For Sale Thread

Smudge prints on the front of the hood were from my dirty hands after working on the car. Washed right off.

Free bump for good deal. Chalkboard paint looks pretty good too lol.

Comment

100 bucks plus more than what you paid for it is a steal. Bump for a deal Id take if i was in TX

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

Comment

Still have this for sale? PM me with your cell # please or text me at 832-865-5063
          E90 335i - Sport Pkg|JB4|DCI
          E60 535i - Sport Pkg|Angel Eyes|Black Grill
          07 RX8 GT - Cobb AP|Custom Tuned|ProgressTech Sway Bars|MazSport Midpipe

BMW Parts Online

Comment

sold.

Comment

I bought the Chalkboard :) I am here to vouch for Theothgrey as a very honorable seller. Full disclosure of everything, was super concerned about me being able to drive it all the way to Michigan, even had a full tank of juice and gave me 2 bottles of water! And a ride from the airport! If only every deal went as smoothly....Thanks Theothgrey, and watch for the (re)build thread coming soon!

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments! Likewise, pangeapiercing is an upright buyer. No problems whatsoever. Looking forward to see what comes next with the Chalkboard.

Comment

Working...
                X