Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PICS: M3 chassis to body shop! Should i do a subframe reinforcement kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PICS: M3 chassis to body shop! Should i do a subframe reinforcement kit?

Hey Guys,

I'm way behind on my build thread, but not on the build :-) I'll catch up on the thread over Thanksgiving.

But I wanted to get some input from people on subframe reinforcement kits. Has anyone here installed one? any recommendations?

It looks like there are kits for both the removable subframes, and for the chassis itself. My front sway bar had detached itself on one end when i went to unistall it, so I'm thinking I'll want a kit with the front sway bar reinforcement point.

Impressions on both are welcome. I want to reinforce anything that needs it while the car is a bare rolling chassis.

Here are a few that I found:

And here are some pics of the chassis!

Turner:

Garagistic Frame Kit:
    Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

Garagistic Reinforced Subframes:
    E30 REINFORCED FRONT SUBFRAME Out of all the mods available for the E30, this is one of the most important modifications you should consider if you drive your car hard or plan on adding more power. The Garagistic reinforced front subframe arrives with a fresh coat of black military-spec powder coating, in addition to

VAC Motorsports

And the pics of the car as it sits now!

Last edited by CurrusDei; 11-09-2015, 12:33 PM.

Front subframes are different from non-ms and m's, unfortunately. Keep that in mind
    Current:
    1989 325i
    1988 M3
    1987 325ic
    Past:
    2001 330ci
    2001 M3

Comment

Pm us your needs. We have kits in stock but also have the core exchange program for front subframes, rear subframes (with adjustablity) and even trailing arms.

Comment

From what I read, the only difference is the m3 front subframe has factory reinforcements. If you're going to install reinforcements, it ends up being the same or better.

The rear subframe has an extra exhaust hanger, but is otherwise the same. I'll be sending in my rear subframe to Garagistic for reinforcements and geometry adjustability when I get the chance.

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
        Front subframes are different from non-ms and m's, unfortunately. Keep that in mind

Comment

I used the stuff from Turner. They've been around these cars since the Noble days.

The rears on my car were still OK, but I went ahead and (gasp) drilled the holes to do the install. Much better than having them rip out.
          I had repaired, reinforced the strut mounts once before, but this time around we welded the heck out of everything.

The motor mount on my sud-frame was cracked, so I had my buddy weld in the reinforcement plate. He then asked if I wanted this other crack welded...Yes! When done, he asked about all the other cracks, too. Just call it my Sub-Franken.

Comment

Working...
          X