rust repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rust repair

Ok so after tearing out most of my interior i have found a couple areas of rot. I am hoping i can source the pans from a salvage yard but does anyone know a good welder that they can refer for repair? I'm in Delaware.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to learn to weld! If the rot isnt over any structural part its an easy patch for sure.

Also, pics wod help to see what kind of repair is actually needed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

yea the spots are not in any major areas. I have always wanted to learn to weld, I know a few guys that do and im sure they wuldnt mind helping out. That actually sounds like a good idea.

Comment

I'm in NoVA and restoring a 2002 now. Drive it down and we'll have it patched up in no time.
        A welder will change your life. I mean that serioulsly. Things you thought were broken are not anymore. Shitty tools can be re enforced. Build your own metal things. Its the best. But its addicting. Youll be buying more tools once you get a welder.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, post pics. It would have to be really serious rust for you to need to replace the entire floor pan.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll post pics as soon as i get out of work. The rot really isn't all that bad actually. There is some above the fuel tank below the rear seat that i think will be the hardest part. It's under that fuel line tube.

Comment

Working...
            X