No announcement yet.

Slider radio, updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:blowup: might be hard to answer until final revision..

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
    Have an idea of final production cost?
    Still haven't found a radio yet, you'll probably be done with it before I get one. Super excited for the final revision.
    Build Thread
    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
    Parts Thread
    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Id be interested as well! Will you still be able to keep the tape player tho? 80's nostalgia at its best. lol

Comment

Rpi 2 or 3?

Comment

Originally posted by dustyperez View Post
          Id be interested as well! Will you still be able to keep the tape player tho? 80's nostalgia at its best. lol
          Don't be silly!
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Newbie here. Signed into this forum because of this thread. Great work ! I am in !!

Comment

Very cool. I started on a project sort of like this a number of years ago, but it involved adapting the faceplate from a CD43 "BMW Business CD" unit onto a modern JVC backend. It was really more of a digital project since it mostly just dealt with translating the LCD's signals and button presses with a PIC24F series MCU, not so much dealing with the audio signal.

Keep up the good work! I work in Mountain View, so if you ever want some help/random EE advice, I'm down to meet up for a coffee to talk cars and audio.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Who are you using to print your circuit boards?

I used to work for one of the quick turnaround pcb masher here in town. Actually, we did a lot of board for other companies too (it's just not advertised on the other sites that they farmed it out to us..)

I'm very eager to see where this goes, I've got a slider radio on the shelf ready to go!
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Some catching up to do here:

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
                  Have an idea of final production cost?
                  Not really sure. The soldering rework required will probably make the number of people who do this small, so board printing/assembly costs go up. It's also been a lot of engineering work, hardware and software, so that would be reflected. That said, I am leaning towards open-sourcing the whole thing, so that'd be that route.

Originally posted by Boggie1688 View Post
                  Rpi 2 or 3?
                  2. It's what I had, plenty of vroom for this.

Originally posted by E30Liam View Post
                  Newbie here. Signed into this forum because of this thread. Great work ! I am in !!
                  Cool! Thanks for the feedback and support guys.

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                  Very cool. I started on a project sort of like this a number of years ago, but it involved adapting the faceplate from a CD43 "BMW Business CD" unit onto a modern JVC backend. It was really more of a digital project since it mostly just dealt with translating the LCD's signals and button presses with a PIC24F series MCU, not so much dealing with the audio signal.

Keep up the good work! I work in Mountain View, so if you ever want some help/random EE advice, I'm down to meet up for a coffee to talk cars and audio.
                  I think I might have run across a post of yours about that project? That's awesome, I like that approach. There's a lot of ways to go about the meshing of the new and old tech I guess. Would definitely be cool to meet up and talk shop. I'll PM you.

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  Who are you using to print your circuit boards?

I used to work for one of the quick turnaround pcb masher here in town. Actually, we did a lot of board for other companies too (it's just not advertised on the other sites that they farmed it out to us..)

I'm very eager to see where this goes, I've got a slider radio on the shelf ready to go!
                  I'm using Bay Area PCB. The cheap deal I do has a 1 week turnaround, but they always look really nice.

Comment

If you and bmwman91 dont' already know it. This site is kinda the go-to when shopping around. But heck, for tiny runs I still sometimes make boards at home. But I'm old school like that.

PCBShopper is a price comparison site for printed circuit boards. Enter your PCB's specs and immediately see prices from more than 20 PCB manufacturers.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

any updates on this??

Comment

Jay has a BT board that replaces the cassette mechanism. offers BT phone and music support using the original display and controls on the CM5908 and 07. Prototypes next month, production a month later. more info on his other thread

I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

I have three oem radios broken. Can you fix them? If you do, you can keep 2 and send me back one. Or just fix all for a price. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X