oil pan covering cap #11131726297 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pan covering cap #11131726297 ?

So I pulled the pan from my m52 pulled from an e39 today, went to install my new used e34 pan, and found out that there seem to be a few differences...

First and foremost is that there is a big hole in the back of the pan that looks like there is supposed to be a large plug or cap. Checking realoem I found it to be this part #

The pan from my m52 does not have this plug at all. What is it and why? Foes anyone know how I install one of these? I am kinda baffled by this one and why there is a hole that appears to need to be plugged by a large rubber stopper in such an important part of the motor...

Also, my pan has an integrated baffle and the m52 has its own already. Which one should I sue?

Thanks

The hole is that you could remove the bolts from automatic turbine. In e36 pan the sump comes in way so the hole is at the transmission dust shield at the sde of the block.

Comment

a little lost on that one...Anyone know how to install this piece? I can't seem to find anything online and since I don't have one currently (on order0 I am having a hard time picturing how this rubber stopper is going to stay in place.

Comment

Just push it into the hole.

Comment

it just seams like that could be a huge point of failure. Does nothing hold it into place aside from me just shoving it in?

Comment

Is this the plug/hole you are talking about (circled in red)?

If so, it's just a dust plug. Oil doesn't come in contact with it ever. No worries about it failing.

Comment

damn, I probably didn't need to search out and order that part then...When I looked at the pan I had as I was getting ready to put it on I saw that hole and had one of those "oh shit, I need more parts" moments.

Comment

Went and took an actual look at the pan this evening. Definitely
                Feeling like a dumbass right now...I was moving so quickly when I saw a hole I just assumed with it really looking that it went through to the sump...

Comment

I don't think mine has ever had that little cover lol

Comment

Working...
                  X