S50 with itb and stock MAF and tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S50 with itb and stock MAF and tune

Hey I just picked up an itb setup for an s50 from RHD. On his website it says yiu can run the stock ecu and whatever tune you currently have if yiu attach the MAF to the Plenum that comes with the kit. Does anyone have any info about anyone doing this or read a build somewhere or atleast seen a pic of this setup with a maf. Thanks
    Attached Files

Hsjdhd

Screenshot from the website
    Attached Files

Comment

I would like to know the same thing. Interested in getting this for my build and wondering how effective the stock management is with such an increase in size of intake

Comment

Because the stock ms41 engine management uses maf it knows that there is more air coming in the engine and works perfectly fine with itb setup.

But just fabricate something to fit the maf?

Comment

so you managed to fit the RHD ITB kit in the e30 chassis? Any modification necessary? I was looking into this, but the guys at RHD told me it wouldn't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
            so you managed to fit the RHD ITB kit in the e30 chassis? Any modification necessary? I was looking into this, but the guys at RHD told me it wouldn't fit.
            That picture looks like an E36 engine bay to me.

Comment

you add the MAF just before the airbox entry, the airbox entry is probably 3.5 or 4" so you might need some silicone couplers or alloy pipes to transition the diameter depending what MAF size you have you might need to extend the plug if the harness doesnt reach

an example, (maybe dont use electrical tape to seal it though)

89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                That picture looks like an E36 engine bay to me.
                That's what I was thinking as I thought I remembered seeing a picture just like that describing the 3d printed prototype plenum.

Would love some feedback from the OP as to if this is already installed in an e30.

Comment

I've confirmed in the past with Rama that the inlet to the airbox is 3.5", so if your MAF is the 3.5 you just need a straight coupler, or if you're using the US S50 MAF, you need a 3" to 3.5" coupler.

And I too am very interested in the outcome of the OP's ITB conversion. I'm eyeing these for my build as well.

Comment

Subbed for results

Comment

That's definitely not an e30 bay, look at the cowl and heater core inlet position. That being said, also curious. I've been tempted by these for my car
                      1990 332i, 4 door
                      2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                      2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                      2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                      2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

any update on whether or not this will fit in the e30 engine bay?

Comment

curious on e30 results as well, i assume itd be the same on an s52

Comment

it wont quite fit. Needs modification to clear the booster. Someone i know just fitted one with a clio booster and still needed to modify the plenum
                            RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

Originally posted by ba114 View Post
                              it wont quite fit. Needs modification to clear the booster. Someone i know just fitted one with a clio booster and still needed to modify the plenum
                              Ive heard some people say the hood wont clear the throttle linkage but I have heard other people say it clears just fine. not sure about the booster though

Comment

Working...
                              X