No announcement yet.

FYI: German Audio Specialties is not closed...yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I followed the thread you had, but it seemed to just go back and forth with no resolution either way. Is that still the situation?

Comment

It remains unresolved. There was a fleeting moment of closure when paypal reversed the charges, but that went away when I was unwilling to package the sub-box up and ship it from VA to WA. On technicality (paypal rules), Luke was exercising his right to have the customer ship the item back for a paypal reversal. Originally, Luke said for us to chunk the box, because it was built incorrectly and unsalvageable. When he saw the paypal reversal, he knew he could demand I pay to have it shipped back, so to get a refund for a defective product, I was going to have to pay ~$100.00

Then several of Luke's friends viciously attacked me on social media for 'ruining' his business. There should be a diagnosis for this kind of dude.

Comment

I also tried to order one of his boxes. I was told I should have it within a week at first then months go by and Luke eventually stopped responding to me. It sucks cause it seems like the people that actually got their products were happy for the most part (steady330 and some of the folks that bought the crossover device not withstanding). Paypal refunded my money but I'm pretty disappointed as the sub box would have been perfect for the car. Seems like he can make good products but just a terrible businessman and person in general if he and his friends were harassing you steady330. Oh well.

I don't suppose anyone has a used one for an e34 they're getting rid of lol?

Comment

Originally posted by steady330 View Post
          I just simply gave up (except this post). Luke had so many friends step in on his behalf and accuse me of 'destroying' his business and, because I am a lady, they called me all kinds of vile, nasty, sexist names. To say I was abused, is putting it mildly. I put in for a paypal claim, and because I had received a defective box (that Luke told me to chuck in the trash), Luke exercised his 'right' to force me to ship the box back if I wanted the refund. Because I didn't have the will or desire to wrap proper cardboard and ship the heavy thing at my expense, paypal later reversed the claim in favor of Luke. Luke's friends came after me with a vengeance on Facebook with a hate/smear campaign.

He's got wickedly loyal friends - so much, they are willing to destroy someone who takes to the boards to complain about the very thing you are posting here.

He seems to be proud of himself. It's scary.

Thats fucked up of Luke and im starting to agree that sadly it must be banned, Luke has done some cool things but fucking someone over shouldn't be one of them nor should it be a bandwagon to bash someone with a legitimate issue.
          Originally posted by bmwm42
          PNW vulture pm me for parts
          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Dunno

Shouldn't the moderators reach out to the seller and find out what is going on?

I am assuming people are sending him money because they agree to a delivery and then the now show threads pop up.

On top of that the threads are immediately closed.

Are people just trolling?

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post

I am assuming people are sending him money because they agree to a delivery and then the now show threads pop up.

On top of that the threads are immediately closed.

Are people just trolling?
              I'm not trolling, I have every e-mail from our conversations, and proof of payment. I just want to get it sorted out because I would love to have the product.

Comment

Simply put, that's not our job.

the threads are immediately closed
                They get closed because there's no need to have multiple threads discussing the same thing. Posts are either moved to the appropriate thread, or in the case of the one you linked, users direct the OP to them.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

sucks what happened here, i love my sub box, it sounds and looks great. Im sorry for anyone who is having issues cause you really are missing out. Its just a thought but usually the mad scientist behind anything great isnt brilliant with people skills, maybe he could team up with one of the vendors we have as a storefront? idk, just an idea

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                    They get closed because there's no need to have multiple threads discussing the same thing.
                    I'm not so sure directing them to the only remaining open thread titled "German Audio Specialties is not closed" is the best idea.
                    Last edited by george graves; 03-17-2017, 12:03 PM.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Sorry to see this. Always messy when a vendor is very involved with a community and then things go bad.

So many see anything negative about the vendor as an attack on the community and those initially burned get dragged through the mud by community members. Tough to come forward but then more people get burned until it is sorted.

Shame, I really liked how Luke made boxes. Well the good ones will appreciate. The three e30 sub boxes I have are nice but not like they would have been had they been made by a person with the proper tools and experience building e30 boxes.
                      sigpic
                      Gun control means using both hands
                      Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Love my e30 vert dual 8" sub box.
                        Great product.

Reading the responses and interactions with customers...yikes.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by flyboyx
                        i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                          Love my e30 vert dual 8" sub box.
                          Great product.

Reading the responses and interactions with customers...yikes.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                          Let me know if you ever plan to sell.

Comment

I may have jumped the gun here. Being so new and excited to start upgrading my Audio, I read countless pages about the Crossovers and the E34 premium speakers tonight.

I found some great deals on E34 premium speakers on eBay. was able to pick up two front speakers, 2 rears, 2 rear tweeters and got the Dayton tweaters off Amazon for the front. All in all $100 in speakers and tweeters, I was hyped until I continued reading and found out that the crossovers are no longer available I assume.

Is there an alternative to using his crossovers that would make this setup sound good? I have an aftermarket Kenwood radio and plan to add a small 4 channel digital amp.

Comment

I guess he was having some issues with the crossovers. Some would sound good, and others would be painful to listen to. Here's a whole train wreck of a thread on bimmerfourms:

It's full of cringe. Read a page or two. It's one of the most epic train wrecks ever.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

To answer your question.....

You could use an active crossover. It will be much more tune-able that way. Or you can buy crossovers and filters form places like parts-express.

Hope that helps.

BTW - Luke still logs in and reads this thread every day. Hi Luke!
                              Last edited by george graves; 03-24-2017, 08:25 AM.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                                I guess he was having some issues with the crossovers. Some would sound good, and others would be painful to listen to. Here's a whole train wreck of a thread on bimmerfourms:

It's full of cringe. Read a page or two. It's one of the most epic train wrecks ever.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

To answer your question.....

You could use an active crossover. It will be much more tune-able that way. Or you can buy crossovers and filters form places like parts-express.

Hope that helps.

BTW - Luke still logs in and reads this thread every day. Hi Luke!
                                I actually went for some Audiopipe CRX-203 two way passive. I'm using the luke recommended Premium speakers with dayton tweeters up front and BMW Premium 4ohm tweeters in the rear. These are hooked up to a Kenwood Head unit with minimal EQ settings and no amp.

I can only compare to stock 25w speakers with no tweeters (disconnected up front and none rear), but it sounds pretty good. At least way better than before. Will run this for now, spent $130 on 4 speakers, 4 tweeters and 4 crossovers.

Willing if anyone is willing to get one of these Audiopipe PCM's they are like $8 each on Amazon to compare to their Luke PCM and tell me if it is a great difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X